Can I Have Some Advice Please?

Options
Hello everyone! I started my weight loss journey on January 5th at 176 pounds. Since then I have dropped to 166-168 depending on when I weigh myself. This past week I have not made any progress and overall my progress has been slowing so I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my diary/exercise habits. My diary is open so feel free to look at it, I try to stick around 1200 calories a day and I eat some of my exercise calories back on the days I work out.

I typically workout 5-6 days a week, my workouts include 2-3 Zumba classes and 2 toning/conditioning classes (using exercise ball, lifting weights, lunges, squats, etc) . One day a week, I do a toning/conditioning class (and then go to Zumba right after and I usually take the following day off. The days I don't go to a class, or if I only do a toning/conditioning class, I go on the treadmill for 30-40 minutes. On the treadmill I walk between 3.8 and 4.4 miles per hour and always on a fairly high incline (usually between 10.0 and 14.00). According to the treadmill I burn around 350-420 calories, but I know this is not always accurate.

I know I have made some progress and I am proud of what I have done so far, but I just wanted to see if there is anything I should be doing that may help me with my weight loss.

Thank you!

Replies

• SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    Ok, you've slowed down, but how does your body look? You got any awesome new muscles or curves - you should if you've been working out so much!? I'd stay away from the scale and just take selfies to compare....Don't focus on your "weight" because it doesnt accurately reflect the state of your health ...or how you look . I weigh about 168 - everyone guesses about 145.
  • nfull2
    nfull2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply! Yes I have noticed a difference looking in the mirror. My arms are much more defined and my stomach is getting smaller and I think I have also noticed a difference in my waist. I just have a bad habit of weighing myself every day and I have a tendency to get discouraged when I don't see a change. I think I am going to try to weigh myself less and see what happens. Thanks again!
  • Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    Options
    Definitely measure yourself & go by the way your clothes fit instead of weight alone.
    I seem to have slowed, yet my stomach is flatter & I'm wearing trousers I haven't worn for 2 years!

Keep going your doing fab!