look at my diary and tell what I did wrong today

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I sure hope you aren't too discouraged. Tracking what you eat can be a major wake up call.

Your sodium really is way too high. Lowering it is probably going to take some conscious effort. I believe that focusing largely on lowering sodium and increasing fiber will take care of a lot. Continue to count calories, but start reading labels at the store and choosing stuff with les sodium. You probably need to cut down on the fast food too. if you travel for work, try stopping at a nice gass station instead. Many of them sell healthy snacks and sandwiches now.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You don't know what you did wrong, today? You mean aside from the frighteningly small number of calories you've eaten for the day?

Aside from that, where is the real food? If you are going to be scraping along at barely over a thousand cals a day, you need to be eating REAL food that will nourish you, not chocolate raspberries, tea and pickles!!!! If you are going to eat oatmeal, don't make it the crappy sugar-filled prepackaged kind. Try steel cut oats, with fresh fruit and raw honey. You need more lean protein (deli meats do not count as lean protein).

Eat whole grains, fresh fruits, and TONS of vegetables. You are eating a lot of junk food, and almost nothing else. Your body must be screaming at you to stop.

You are not eating enough.

MFP is quite notorious for setting calorie goals FAR too low, regardless of height and weight. For example, it told me to eat 1200, and my BMR (the bare amount of calories I need to LIVE) is 1280. And I am extremely tiny, only 5 feet. So unless you are smaller than me, or bedridden, it is almost a CERTAINTY that you are eating too little. (This can result in lean muscle loss, chronic fatigue, metabolism damage, and bingeing due to over-restriction.)

Go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough to sustain a child. Not just today, but netting 700..800 calories isn't going to do you any favors.

Also, you're freaking out over regular weight fluctuations.

Aaaand maybe couples therapy could help.

yes to be very honest I think I am freaking out over normal weight fluctuations. I have never ever been on a diet so I do not know what to expect from 1 day to the next. Losing over 20 lb in less than a month was so uplifting not to mention spoiled me that now that Im going to lose weight like a normal person and it is at a stand still m freaking out :/

no couples therepy, he says he isn't doing anything wrong!

I won't add anything regarding what you are eating, everyone is covering that nicely. If hubby doesn't want to go to therapy, you cannot make him, I would suggest going for yourself. You may find that working on yourself will help the way you interact with him. I am not saying his behaviour is your fault, but perhaps you can learn different ways of being in the relationship which will maybe shift the balance a bit. If nothing else, you can feel better about yourself and where you are in life. Good luck!
  • angelajeanx3
    angelajeanx3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh honey, please, please, please eat more. You're not eating enough to sustain your body.

Every day, you burn a certain amount of calories JUST BY LIVING. It's called your BMR. That means that if you stayed in bed and didn't move all day, you'd burn a certain amount of calories. I don't know how old you are, so I guessed 25, but at your height, weight, and that age, your body needs 1600 calories to function.

You're eating sometimes HALF of that. If you don't eat correctly, your body will rebel. I understand you want to lose weight at any cost, but what you're experiencing is actually disordered thinking.

Honestly, I would put your scale away. Make it a personal goal to put the scale away for a week. Weigh yourself tomorrow morning and then next Friday, again. By only weighing yourself once a week, you're not letting the minor fluctuations upset you, and it will make you a happier person in the long haul (because you won't be so stressed!)

I would also recommend eating at least 1300 calories. I once thought that I should eat 1200 and no more than that, and eventually, I gained all the weight back because it's not healthy. Now, I'm losing weight eating 1500-1600 calories every day, and I'm not hungry and I'm not grumpy.

Just give it a week and try it- if it doesn't work, it will at least jump start your weight loss if you go back to 1200.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Do you know how much a gallon of water weighs?