don't know why I binge eat ?

Options
I use to be like 175 and lost 45 lbs years ago, but gained 20 of it back a couple years ago

now im only 6 pounds from my goal.

I eat about 1200-1400 cal every day. i go the whole week doing good usually, and have lost 11 pounds in 7 weeks.
but come Friday or sat i always feel like i wanna eat a bunch of crap all day and drink a ton of beer. I dont feel starved from the prev. week, but i do get temped sometimes throughout the week to eat badly.

I ate like 2 doughnuts and a bunch of choc covered almonds and a pack of corona beers last friday, and a bunch of other bad stuff, but i still went back to eating right for the following week and lost another 1.5 lbs since then so I dont know if its all that bad.

Im just worried the same things gonna happen again where I get to my goal (like i did before) and then gain 20 lbs or so back again !! errrggg.

has any one on here reached their goal and then relapsed and then is trying again?

Replies

• NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's okay to be more lax on the weekends but not ALL day every day of the weekend. Beer makes you feel bloated.. Pick ONE day to drink your beer and try to drink it early-ish (I know). You have to experiment and find a happy medium because you are NOT going to regain this weight. The fact that you're posting shows that losing your remaining few pounds is the most important thing to you.
  • jennahbooboo
    Options
    You have to remember, this is all a lifestyle change. You can't (or at least I, and most people I know) can't go their whole lives without enjoying themselves every once in a while. I say its perfectly fine as long as its not an every day or even all day (when you do) occurrence. Just don't let it transform into that and you should stay on track!
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    There are many reasons behind binge eating. The one that is strongest in my mind is you feel you are denying yourself of these foods and that which occupies your mind tends to consume it and ultimately leads to action. If you can appreciate food for what it is - neither good or bad and know that - there will always be donuts there is no shortage so you can enjoy one now and another one when you want it. You need to give your body permission to be thin - I needs to know you live a life of abundance and that it no longer needs to store food as fat there is always food there.

I use to crave donuts then I started eating them slowly and actually tasted them - now they taste so bland and uninteresting. I can feel the fat from the fryier and man if they have not used clean oil don't get me started! I do not enjoy the "average" do-nut anymore and I do not enjoy food as a "filler" which is what happens when you binge - like alcohol in excess - the first drinks you can taste then after the 4th or 5th you are not really drinking to enjoy the flavour anymore.

That is my suggestion eat slower, taste the flavour and texture and see if you are really enjoying what you eat.... and if you do then great but know that there will be another one there next week - the world is not going to run out of them and remember the first one always tastes best anyhow - so I aim to enjoy what I eat and I only really enjoy the fist doughnut / piece of cake etc....!
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    oh hell yah! and that's me, and its sucks but at least we are not stopping to go back on track right?? I lost like 40 lbs. but my mom visited me two months before my wedding that I didn't saw for 3 years and got so excited that she cooks all my favorite food, that I cant even say no because I don't want to hurt her feelings. the day of my wedding I gained like 10 lbs. then holidays afterwards another ten lbs. so now I need to get back from that numbers again before summer. good thing she go home to our homeland now. lol :bigsmile:
  • mrsBrown1989
    Options
    Yeah it seems like there is always something! holidays, family visiting, vacations, late day at work... etc..