alternative to peanut butter

Options
I literally used to go through a jar of peanut butter in three days and I feel like now I've developed an intolerance to it, defiantly not an allergy because I don't get hives but stuffy nose/throat and upset stomach

can anyone suggest any alternatives that would be good on toast?

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Almond butter, cashew butter, really any nut butter.

Personally, I like hummus or avocado on toast!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I just had almond butter on toast but last time I had almond and chia and also walnut with cashew. So good. I think they are better for you than just peanut butter anyway.
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    I second hummus -- I think it tastes great on sourdough toast.
  • kmac0001
    kmac0001 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like almond butter. It's expensive to buy, so I make my own to bring the cost down a little. I just buy blanched almonds and throw them in the food processor for about ten minutes. If it seems dry, I add a touch of coconut oil. A little honey is good sometimes too.
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have issue with the oil in peanut butter. I can have small amounts of light pb or the natural, which is just peanuts. The texture is hard to get used to, but I prefer the taste. My allergist told me many food intolerances are due to additives and preservatives, so can be hard to pinpoint. maybe try switching brands or type, then compareingredients. Are you OK with raw peanuts?i
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My favorite is sunbutter! It's made from sun flower seeds. I started eating it when I took the Whole30 challenge. I loved it so much that now that I am done with the challenge, I don't eat peanut butter any more. Only ever sunbutter :) SO tasty.