Sprain the top of my foot??

Options
I'm on my feet all day at work, and I walk approx 4 miles a day. Lately, when I stand on my tip toes (to reach the top shelf, for example) an agonizing pain shoots across the top of my foot. It doesn't hurt through normal walking, or from standing. I'm not super worried about it, since it doesn't affect me most of the time. It doesn't feel like there's anything broken.
Has anyone heard of anything like this? It didn't start happening until I increased my milage to from 1 to 4.

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find the tops of my feet hurt when I tie my shoes too tight across the tops. Try loosing the laces along the tops of your feet and see if that helps.
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    I ended up with a huge bump on the top of the small bones of my foot. I made an appt. with the Podiatrist and the day before I was to go, it went away. Go figure, I had it for 3 weeks, and it goes away... Not sure what caused it or how it went away, but I was a bit worried because the bones on top of the feet are so small.

Keep an eye on it and have a Dr. take a look at it if it doesn't get better. Otherwise, you better start storing things a little lower so you won't HAVE to stand on your tippy-toes! : )
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Try doing some light hamstring stretches. Believe it or not, when that muscle gets tight, it can draw up everything all the way down to your toes. Sometimes I have this problem, and it's when my hip is out. When I get that adjusted and stretch the hamstrings. the pain goes away. If it doesn't get better by Monday, go see someone.