Snacks

Options
Any good, healthy snacks out there? I'm tired of the same snacks I always eat!

Replies

• frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hummus and cucumbers to dip into it. Greek yogurt mixed with spices and/or reduced fat feta cheese with (you guessed it) cucumbers to dip into it. Laughing cow light spread on ANYTHING (including cucumbers). Iced coffee with non-fat milk. That's all I got ;)
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Sultanas & Mixed nuts...
    Carrots dunked in Hummus! (celery works too)
    Fruit..
    Fruit smoothie with yogurt and skim milk
    Peanut butter .... on toast, on crackers, on apples....

Oh and my fave:

1x 75g tin of corn kernels (boiled or microwaved & Strained)
    1x teaspoon butter (or nuttelex)
    Salt and pepper (more pepper than salt!) .....Mix! YUM!!!

Thats all I can think of atm! =)
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love 1 % milkfat Cottage Cheese with 1/2 c. Sugar Free Canned Peaches. I also have found the Fiber One Chewy Bars are delicious, all the flavors are yummy. Sometimes I have an apple with the Special K Whole Grain Wheat Crackers too. There are a lot of snacks out there.
    Who says you can't have a little bit of grilled chicken with your snack for a good protein? I do a lot of that too.
  • Julesaf
    Options
    Thanks, all! I should have specified "non-dairy," as I'm lactose intolerant and try to eat less dairy. (It is so difficult!)
  • angiereid
    Options
    luna bars
  • kriswithmany
    kriswithmany Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to make roasted chickpeas (garbanzos). Popcorn (get plain kernels, stick them in a paper bag and nuke them). Raw nuts (just a few). Don't know how healthy it is, but sometimes I get my chocolate fix with just a square of trader joe's dark chocolate.

So cottage cheese still gives you trouble? That stinks.
  • skinnytayy
    Options
    luna blueberry bliss bars
    kashi TLC dark chocolate coconut bars
    hummus with ritz crackers or wheat thins
    dannon greek yogurt (honey, strawberry, blueberry)
    dannon greek yogurt (vanilla) w/cinnamon
    oatmeal w/cinnamon & raisins
    tyson grilled and ready fajita chicken on a mission carb control tortilla w/mustard
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of stirring some feta into greek yogurt to make a dip, definitely going to try that!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    A bagel thin w/ topping of choice
    You may not like hot foods - Karr's Wasabi Nut Mix
    94% Fat Free Kettle Corn
    Clementines (40 cals each)
    Rye flavor Triscuits - they are better than the original IMO
    The new Granola Thins are pretty tasty
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love love love and am addicted to the Luna protein bars, they are fab!
  • NinjaPrincess
    Options
    i don't know how much you want to try protien powders but my latest favourite thing is a scoop of the dymatize fudge brownie mixed with 1 tbs unsweetened coconut flakes and 1 tsp either peanut butter or almond butter. (you can change this to have antoher kind of powder if there are ones you like, also good with dymatize cafe mocha or champion chocolate or banana flavours) Just a little bit of water and its like eating the most rich pudding/brownie batter. i love it. i sometimes throw it in the freezer for a few minutes. body builders call it sludge i call it heaven. if i need a meal or its right after a workout i will also add some oatmeal flakes or frozen blueberries.... you may want to add extra cocoa splenda or cinnamon depending on how gormet you feel. (but if you have a good powder you won't need too they taste yumm). Anyway i love protien powder because i can just put one scoop in a small jar with the coconut and carry it around in my purse for whenever i am in need. it won't go bad, the coconut adds some fat to keep you fuller longer and its portable, and at 130 calories and 20 grams of protien you really can't go wrong....i find its never hard to find a carb snack so this is a great alternative. now i want some....
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My favs are (that satisfy me):
    • 1 banana and a handful of unsalted peanuts
    • Cantelope slices w/ prosciutto
    • Turkey 3oz w/ 1 slice reduced fat Swiss cheese (roll up spread w/ mustard)
    • 60 calorie sugar free Mouse Temptations in chocolate! Ridiculously gooooood :-P
    (and a guilt free snack)
    •100 calorie Kettle popcorn mini bags (deelish)
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I eat clementines everyday! Yummy quick little snack. The kids favs!
  • hard boild eggs I eat them all the time with a little salt and pepper no yolk yum!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    my favorite for this time of year is apples. with cheese. good for yer pooper, too.

remember this: "an apple without cheese is like a hug without a squeeze"

edit for op: it's still a hug. :)
  • footey
    footey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i love the 100 calorie yogurt pretzels. They are a nice salty and sweet treat. I also like alot of the Weight watchers snacks. The lemon and carrot creme cakes are delcious!
  • heyitscharlie00
    Options
    right, im gonna list my top 10.

- extra extra light laughing cow cheese (it tastes exactly the same as the normal one!)
    - cottage cheese on top of rivitas
    - cup-a-soups. i find they take me a while to finish so i feel like ive ate alot.
    - baby snacks. search your shops and go to the baby isle. gather all the crunchy snack thingys. quite good.
    - bagels arent bad, topped with anything low fat.
    - special k bars are good
    - snack-a-jacks. yummy. i like salt&vinergar and caramel.
    - frozen grapes and frozen pear. i find the pear tastes just like ice cream :bigsmile:
    - cucumber. mmmm, i love cucumber:love:
    - rice cakes topped with a tablespoon of peanut butter. be careful to not put to much on though coz its well high in calories/fat!
    which is kinda sad :cry:

goood luck with your dieting(Y)
  • EmmmyK
    EmmmyK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hummus, with whole wheat pita chips..you can make your own with olive oil spray and some garlic salt.. bake until crispy at like 350 for 7-8 min turning once.. Hummus you can make your own..My favorite is the Biggest Looser Hummus Recipe..Sooo Good...Good Luck..