Question about logging water...

Options
I have to admit that I pretty much don't drink water. I drink "tons" and I do mean "tons" of unsweetened iced tea with lemon. I am always drinking it throughout the day as I have take several medications that make your mouth and throat so parched (think Jim Carrey in Me, Myself, and Irene) that you can barely swallow otherwise.

Question is, do I count the tea and leave zero glasses for water, or do I count it as it is basically semi-flavored water?

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    In my honest opinion...water is water...the body uses it quickly when it is given pure, although in tea, the body needs to break down compounds for you to absorb it..

Try and have a few days drinking the recommended amount of water for nyour body size and see how you feel...I think I became healthily addicted to water and I still class water as my favourite drink!

Tea will help, but water, as pure as it comes..really is the best for you :flowerforyou:
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    As long as its not sweetened, why not count it as water? Do you make it yourself?
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    You may also find that water helps you to allieviate symptoms such as cotton mouth!

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Nutritionists now say that things like tea, coffee, and even diet soda work the same in your body as water. Gone are the "tea is a doesn't count" days. However, you might want to try some of those glasses as water with lemon and see if less caffeine makes you feel better/worse. But it counts either way.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I count tea, coffee, crystal light even diet soda as water. liquid is liquid. Granted, artificial sweeteners aren't great for you so I do try to limit those as much as possible. I also found these little powder packets of TrueLemon and TrueLime to add to water (found in baking aisle) makes good alternative to plain water. Maybe start by subbing out one glass of water or lemon water for a tea once a day and see how it goes. Any water is better than no water tho, no matter what it tastes like. :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Why not try crystal light? It comes in lots of flavors, lacks the caffeine found in tea, and is low cal (just watch the sodium in some of them. Water should not have sodium)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Caffeine dehydrtates and tea has caffeine. I do not think it counts as water. Drink water - it will quench your thirst 100 times better and is what your body really needs.