I think i'm in love.........

ambercole
ambercole Posts: 426
edited September 21 in Recipes
with CABBAGE!!!! I have never been a big cabbage eater. There was nothing that I disliked about it, I just never really used it that often. I happened to buy one this week and it was huge so I used it for 2 different meals. One was as a side dish. It was a spicy cabbage boiled with tomatoes and onions, and then tonight we had lazy cabbage rolls with ground turkey. What are some other good cabbage recipes? I think that I could eat it everyday!!!! and it is only like 25 calories for 1 cup! YUM!!!:love:

Replies

• My bf just told me she roasts her Cabbage on the BBQ with a touch of butter and salt and it is AMAZING!!!! I still havent tried it, but...who knew????:bigsmile:
  • Dawn, that is the BEST way to eat it .. The ONLY way I'll eat it .. Cut a thing of cabbage in 4 quarters .. wrap individually in aluminum foil with a little butter, salt, and pepper and on the BBQ pit it goes. SOOOOOO yummy!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    how long do you cook it on the BBQ?
  • mmmm cabbage. you can make a low cal cole slaw that doesnt use mayonnaise! shred the carrots and LOTS of cabbage like for a normal cole slaw but then mix it with your favorite low calorie dressing! (its even good with mustard surprisingly, which has no calories! 8D i love mustard)

oooh or Irish cabbage and potatoes! omg omg! YUM!

and what Dawn said, yes...cabbage is DELICIOUS roasted!

(if you cant tell i LOVE cabbage as well! :laugh: )

oh and you can roast it in the regular oven as well if you dont have a BBQ. easy.
  • I'm not positive on the length of time to cook it for .. I've had other people cook it for me ... maybe 20 minutes or so? You can just check on it and once its wilted and mushy-like then its done :)
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    i like cabbage don't love it use it for stir frys soups fried but i bbq to all veg are good not good awesome bbq
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    I don't love cabbage or dislike it, but I would love to introduce some new veggies. Can you share the recipe for the spicy cabbage and the cabbage rolls?

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    I need to jump on the cabbage bandwagon... it's VERY low cost cause it grows well around here.
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    I'm definitely trying the BBQ version! I think I'll get some cabbage tonday...
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    courtesy of my grandmother.. cut up a head of cabbage, saute in olive oil to soften, along with some chopped onions, and add pasta. it's delicious, and you can add more cabbage, and less pasta to reduce the calories, or use wheat pasta.
    she also used to soften whole leaves and stuff them with ground meat and rice, though i'm not sure of the sauce, but it was something like a marinara.. not my fave, but i know my family loves it.
This discussion has been closed.