Insanity Workout Buddy Needed!!

Options
Hi all,

I started day 1 of the Insanity workout yesterday doing the Fit Test. I wondered if anyone else had just started it too who would want to give each other support and motivation? Please feel free to friend me, or just post to this thread if you would prefer?

I found the fit test quite hard work, but that's because I really pushed myself, and because I haven't done much "exercise" since I stopped running and circuit training back in May last year and gained 10lbs back since then :( so I am not as fit as I was back then!

I am 5'7" and overweight at 194lbs, with a large wobbly belly to lose! I am hoping to lose a few pounds doing Insanity but more importantly to get fitter, leaner and eat quality calories so that I can continue my weight loss journey until I reach my goal weight :)

Leigh xx

Replies

• rowboc22
    rowboc22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Leigh,

I'm not starting insanity but did do it a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. I lost a good bit of weight and got a lot fitter. Dont want to sound like a cliche or put you off but would say you should always find it tough.

No matter how often you do the work out you should always be completed done out when you finish it wont get easier if you always give it your all but you will be able to do way more and close to the end of the 60 days you will see massive improvements in how many of each exercise you do.

Good luck hope you enjoy it and get the reults you're looking for :)

Claire
    x
  • Monty_P
    Monty_P Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm doing Insanity at the mo... on Week 3 and have lost 2.5 inches off my belly already!!

Sent you a friend request :happy:
  • OperationCombat
    Options
    Hi, Done the Insanity program last year and loved every minute of it. Moved onto the gym and doing other programs now, happy to give support and guidance should you wish

Sending a friend request
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Have about one week left! Feel free to add me if you'd like!

It's a hell of a program and I can't wait to move on to Asylum when I'm finished!
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started Insanity last sunday, after a month of doing bootcamp at the gym I now feel confident enough to attempt it haha..
    I don't follow the schedule it tells you to, because I still do the bootcamp at the gym as well on 2 days, and I do like 2 rest days a week instead of one. So I'll probably go a bit slower, but if you want to you can still add me :)
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

There's a group of us that just started this week!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/56997-insanity-challenge-starting-feb-17-2014-

I've found LOTS of Insane buddies to work out with! :)

Steph
  • CyclingChick1971
    Options
    Thanks, I just had a look there, and realised there is an Insanity App for iphone too which I have just downloaded :)
  • CyclingChick1971
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Requests accepted and I've also downloaded the Insanity App onto my iphone as well :)
  • CyclingChick1971
    Options
    Hi Leigh,

I'm not starting insanity but did do it a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. I lost a good bit of weight and got a lot fitter. Dont want to sound like a cliche or put you off but would say you should always find it tough.

No matter how often you do the work out you should always be completed done out when you finish it wont get easier if you always give it your all but you will be able to do way more and close to the end of the 60 days you will see massive improvements in how many of each exercise you do.

Good luck hope you enjoy it and get the reults you're looking for :)

Claire
    x

Hi Claire, yes I really pushed myself and will continue to do so each day. When I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred last year I worked my socks off, even on days when I didn't feel like doing it because afterwards I felt great!! x