Protein power in citrus juice

prestoncaleb
prestoncaleb Posts: 28 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I used to blend my vanilla flavored protein powder in orange juice all the time (sorta like an Orange Julius)....but someone told me that the citrus juice would destroy the protein.

didn't know if that was true for all protein powders...whey, soy and casein.

I've been on a lemon kick recently...where I'll throw a whole lemon (zest, peel and all) into my magic bullet along with skim milk some sweetener and ice and make a zesty dairy concoction...and I kinda want to try that with a protein powder.

BTW...my Dad has a Jack Lalanne juicer and he made us some pear juice with a whole lemon in it and it was the best.

Replies

• Interesting...you learn something new every day...

Have you thought about adding veggies to your juices? Fruit juice can be high in calories, but a mix with veggies are full of vitamins and so good and more filling! :flowerforyou:

Start off easy with sweeter veggies like carrots, and soon you will be sending us all great new recipes!!:drinker:
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Don't know about the citrus, but try it with spinach! Seriously! Check out this website

www.greenmonstermovement.com
  • That lemon concoction sounds good. How much sweetner and milk do you use? That sounds like something I might try.:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.