When did you hit your first plateau?

Options
2»

Replies

• euphoria13824
    Options
    I'm still in my first plateau after losing 6 lbs, but regaining it after Christmas and New Year. It's been 2 months and I haven't lost any weight or inches, including those 3 lbs and few inches I back on. It's really disheartening....
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for just over a year now and lost about 40lbs.
    So far my loss has been fairly slow and steady with a few week/month long stalls or even some fluctuation.

I think I've hit my first real plateau. My weight has been bouncing between 160lbs and 170lbs since December. Mind you, I haven't been very strict with my diet and exercise over the past few months which may have something to do with it.

My plan is just to stick with it, keep working out, logging as consistently and honestly as life/time allows. If I still don't see any losses in another month or so, I will re-evaluate my intake and activity level. Probably pay more attention to my macros, stuff like that.

I'm just doing my best to keep on keeping on. I've been fighting to stay motivated a lot lately, I'm just so lazy. LOL
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE his it. I hit is after 13 pounds- first 13 came off quickly then stop. It takes a while for my body to adjust to loss. Getting my body to lose these last 2 pounds have taken 3 months (holidays didn't help). My body wants to weigh about 15 pounds more than I weigh today and it is trying to get back there. I am fighting it every step of the way and EVENTUALLY it will give in - but I must be diligent.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It was 1998, waiting in line outside the Louvre. He walked up to me in a black and white outfit, wearing gray face paint and a beret. He bagan acting as if he were in a box, yet wouldn't make a sound! After a minute he began moving closer and closer, I was becoming unnerved...

He moved closer until I was being overwhelmed by the reeking stench of Pont l’Eveque cheese and snails emanating from his stinking maw... I became unhinged, and unleashed my fury as was taught to me by the US Air Force. I hit that plateau over and over, bellowing, "These colors never run!!!"
    Bahahaha!!! Love it!
    By this point he was no longer muted, and was blubbering like a 'tween with front row Bieber tickets... I didn't speak 'Commie', and the sobs didn't help with the translation... I think he was trying to surrender, and I neither cared, nor was I surprised. To this day, I am not amused by Platel Plateau!

:Edited to correct typo:
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It was 1998, waiting in line outside the Louvre. He walked up to me in a black and white outfit, wearing gray face paint and a beret. He bagan acting as if he were in a box, yet wouldn't make a sound! After a minute he began moving closer and closer, I was becoming unnerved...

He moved closer until I was being overwhelmed by the reeking stench of Pont l’Eveque cheese and snails emanating from his stinking maw... I became unhinged, and unleashed my fury as was taught to me by the US Air Force. I hit that plateau over and over, bellowing, "These colors never run!!!"
    Bahahaha!!! Love it!
    By this point he was no longer muted, and was blubbering like a 'tween with front row Bieber tickets... I didn't speak 'Commie', and the sobs didn't help with the translation... I think he was trying to surrender, and I neither cared, nor was I surprised. To this day, I am not amused by Platel Plateau!

:Edited to correct typo:

Bahahaha!!! Love it!!!
    Had to quote again because the first time I did it wrong!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I never hit what I'd call a plateau, but the loss did slow quite a bit as I got closer to goal. I might go a few weeks with no loss at all and then, BAM, 3 pounds down overnight. Since it's not a race and I was in no great hurry, it didn't bother me at all. I just kept at it. :flowerforyou:
  • cdcjensen
    cdcjensen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100 of my 150 lb goal, and I have not as of yet hit what I would call a real plateau. I've gone for a week without losing anything, but I could tie those to a day or two of excess. When those would happen, I would just stay the course and let the frustration of no scale movement motivate me to stay focused. After a week or so, the pounds started moving again. I'm sure my day is coming during these last 50 lbs for a "real" plateau, but so far, no plateau. Probably not helpful info for you, but I share it to show that it's possible to make serious headway for extended periods of time without too many roadblocks. Best wishes!