Searching for Actives again

Options
First and foremost, I am over halfway to my original goal of losing 300 pounds. I credit the majority of that success (of getting started) to this community. I stopped using the site religiously about eight months ago and while I have still lost weight, i found that not being accountable nor being able to have support and give it has impacted me. Over Christmas, due to family changes (bonus kids! Fiance! Yikes!), I just went off the rails and ended up gaining about 12 pounds.

That's okay because I am STILL under 300, and STILL less than my fake weight i put on my license and I am STILL working towards goals.

The mindset that i have now is also due to the support i give and receive here. It's so different when you do that.

Anyway, I logged in this morning and noticed quite a few of my friends on here hadn't logged in for months at a time, so I am looking for actives to add. Male, female, whatever. Hit your goal and maintaining? Beautiful - feel free to add me. Just starting what feels insurmountable? (And trust me honey, that 400 pound mark can feel hopeless) Click on me because i've BEEN there.

I'm super positive, so please no negative nellies. We all have bad days - don't get me wrong - but just as with any other social media site, if every single post you throw up is a woe is me type deal, I'm not the girl for you to add.

Right now, I'm working on a fifty pound goal for engagement pictures. What short term goals are you looking at? Let's get this going!!!!!

Replies

• Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi bottenana, I'm a like-to-encourage kind of person. I tend to lose the ability to inspire myself to get moving, so I'm hoping signing up on here again (like you, I dropped out a while ago) will give me the push I need to get back on track.

First time I really got a wake up was when the scale said 201. And yes, some say "oh I wish it would say 201" but really the moment for each of us is that same moment when we say Enough!

So although I may not have as much to lose as others here, the struggle is still the same. The number is relevant to us as individuals. I congratulate you on your success to date and look forward to sharing more success for both of us.

Just know that for me, life is about finding the laughter in the mundane, everyday, what was I thinking, screw ups that happen. I do get myself into some pretty funny situations and like to share them with friends. So when I blog, feel free to laugh at me. It's what I will be doing as well.

We can be serious about the journey, but find pleasure in the moments. Let's make this an enjoyable trip.