Snacking

Options
I do great on my diet all day then want to snack a bunch after 8:00 PM. I don't go to bed until around midnight. Any tips on how do gain some self control? Those last 4 hours of the day are killing my diet!!! Thanks!

Replies

• itmtmj68
    Options
    I have the same problem!! I drink a lot of water and also air popped popcorn or the "light" microwave popcorn is a good filler with not a lot of calories. I buy the snack size bags of the microwave kind, so the portion is already figured for me!
  • samiko
    Options
    as long as your snacking is about 100-200 calories with a 2 hour break inbetween there really is nothing wrong with it, I have had GREAT success with snacking up until an hour before bedtime.
  • chichi1967
    Options
    Heres what to focus on...heard this on oprah from bob green....At night time when you get that feeling in your head...let me go to the fridge or you stand in front of the pantry or closet looking at what do I want....that's when your body will starts burning fat cause it has nothing else to burn. when you put something in your mouth it's now working on what you just ate not fat.

Remember that feeling & what your body is doing....not the little devil we all have on our shoulder telling us otherwise : )

hope this helped...celebrate to yourself at night to burn alot ...you'll start noticing inches coming off when you wake up the next morning.:wink:

LYNDA
  • StacyMcKnight
    Options
    Thanks chichi, That is a great way to think about it!!
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    I have heard in the past if you try to reframe from eating for 10 minutes the urge will go away till it hits again... Drinking water helps to. I also try to eat low calorie snacks that fills you up but want wreck your whole day...

pst
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    First thing is eat more than 3 meals a day. Break it down to so you eat more times a day. Your last meal should be a few hours before bed. try that out, it helps me a lot.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This sounds similar to how I was. I started working out, around 9ish, after the kids went to bed. I'd go to the 24hr. fitness place and get on the treadmill or lift, by the time I got home I no longer had the urge to eat.