Gluten allergy

ruta45
ruta45 Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Recipes
I have food allergies and one is Gluten which is in about everything. As this time I have to take dairy products, eggs, chicken, oatmeal, corn and of course Gluten products completely our of my diet. . This will go on for about 6 months and then I can start putting the allergy causing foods back into my diet and see what happens. NOTHING I HOPE!. if anyone has a similiar problem,(you poor thing) I would appreciate hearing some good food ideas. The one good thing is that I have to stay away from the wonderful tasting desserts that are full of calories.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    I have a grandson that has to eat every thing Gluten free. It sure can be a pain, but we discovers "Wal-mart" has a big selection of things that are Gluten free.

Wish you the best of luck as I know how hard it will be for you.
  • I have problems with gluten as well. However in 2 weeks, I have to start eating gluten everyday to see if I actually do have celiac. What I have been doing is cooking at home and making my own foods. It seems a lot easier to me that way then going out to eat. Eating well. com has a bunch of gluten free recipes. Gluten-free girl, this is a blog with a lot of recipes as well. Most of my shopping has been at natural food stores, for me it has been Whole Foods and the Natural Outpost. Good Luck! It takes a well to switch over, and really messed up my diet for a well, but it does make me feel better.
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Wow! I am sorry! That sounds really tough. No dairy, gluten, chicken, eggs, oatmeal, corn.... sounds very restrictive. It sounds to me like a lot of salads are in your future. Do you like fish/seafood?

If you have a natural food store in your area I would recommend going there and talking to them about your dietary needs. I often shop at a natural food store and they are VERY accommodating of different diets.

Best of luck to you.
  • Thanks for replying. You keep up the good work!
  • Thanks for replying. I am going to St. Louis tomorrow to a Whole Foods Market. It is the closest city for the Whole Foods Store. I don't cook anymore but may have to now. Ugh!!
  • . I do like some sea food, but have to stay away from anything with red dye in it such as lobster, schrimp, crab because I have an allergy to IVP dye also. I'm a mess. Can have salmon and fresh water fish.
This discussion has been closed.