Quick and healthy chicken breast recipes!

Options
I have a TON of chicken breast in my freezer but it seems to be going to waste. Today is my first day on here and I'm looking for quick recipes to include some good protein in. I have a VERY busy lifestyle and rarely have much time to cook. I need 30 min meals or something I can cook ahead and save for the next day! Any suggestions would be great!!!

Replies

• angiereid
    Options
    chicken parm
    take buttermilk put in ziploc bag and place chicken in it, then take fat free croutons seasoned ones are the best crush them up in a ziploc bag and use as breadcrumbs place a piece of swiss cheese or provolone and some sauce bake 350 about 350-400 calories very good
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Marinate in a very low cal salad dressing (I like the Sesame Soy Ginger varieties for this) while you work and you can grill; grill pan or bake when you get home. Grill up on a weekend, slice and put in a freezer bag (I wrap portions in foil first) for the freezer. Easy to defrost for a salad toping or wrap in a low carb tortilla (I like these with a spread of laughing cow light cheese.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    http://www.campbellskitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=24439&ref=/SearchRecipesResult.aspx?q=casserole%2c+rice%2c+chicken&filter=American|Chicken%20and%20Poultry|Main%20Dish

chicken and brocolli casserole yuummoo and not bad on the cals if u use low fat soup.

there are a few others there as well u might want to look at. :)
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you have a crockpot, 4 chicken breast, one small jar of salsa, one can black beans drained. Cook low 4-6 hours, either shred for taco/burritos or have it over brown rice. Very good.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I bake off 4-6 breasts at a time and keep them in the fridge. I slice them for sandwiches, dice them for salads, shred them for chicken salad, add bbq sauce and broil for a few minutes, or just plain with a low cal dressing as a dip. I also like to filet the breasts and use different marinades, then grill them. Between my bf and I we can eat up some chicken breasts. Not uncommon for us to use a dozen a week. His fav to take to work for dinner is diced chicken on rice with Thai peanut sauce.

Wednesday night I marinated 5 pounds of chicken breast filets (14) and grilled them. Today there are only 2 left in the fridge.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Easy baked chicken packets:

Take aluminum foil and make a good sized sheet for each breast you would like to bake. lightly spray with oil. Place uncooked breast on foil. Top with a mixture of equal parts salsa and corn (mexicorn is better). Make sure breast is covered so it won't dry out. Fold up the packets tight. Bake until no longer pink (about 25-30 min). During the last few minutes you can put on shredded cheese if you like. Pepperjack works well with the flavors. Foil packets are so easy and you can make your own flavor combinations to whatever you like with your chicken!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just made this last night! It was wonderful!

Spinach stuffed chicken breast
    1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves
    1/2 cup sour cream ( I used fat free)
    1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese ( I used mild cheddar)
    4 cloves garlic, minced (I left this out, even though I LOVE garlic, b/c I didn't want it to be too spicy for family, I'd add it next time)
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
    1 pinch ground black pepper
    8 slices bacon (I used turkey bacon)- I wouldn't leave this step out (I almost did), but, it really makes the flavor sooo good.

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). (I set my oven on 400)
    Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until wilted. Stir in sour cream, pepperjack cheese, and garlic. ( I sauted mine with pam)
    Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, and spoon some of the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach, then wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks, and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
    Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, then increase heat to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C), or use the oven's broiler to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown the bacon.
    Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 357 | Total Fat: 20.5g | Cholesterol: 114mg

As far as the calories, I didn't add them up, but, when I entered everything on here under recipes it came up at 299 per serving.
  • lsugirl4588
    Options
    WOW these all sound great! I love the quick response on myfitnesspal! I will be trying ALL of these!
  • annejay
    Options
    Some great recipe ideas!!
  • lsugirl4588
    Options
    I have my Chicken, Broccoli, Rice Casserole in the oven now! Can't wait to try it. Also thawing extra chicken to marinate in some Newman's Own Low fat Sesame Ginger Dressing and some in Lemon Pepper marinade. Also bought my fat free croutons and provolone cheese for the Chicken Parm! Thanks everyone!
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    I have my Chicken, Broccoli, Rice Casserole in the oven now! Can't wait to try it. Also thawing extra chicken to marinate in some Newman's Own Low fat Sesame Ginger Dressing and some in Lemon Pepper marinade. Also bought my fat free croutons and provolone cheese for the Chicken Parm! Thanks everyone!

Let me know how it turns out. :)
  • iluvwdw
    Options

Did you like the Chicken Brocolli, Rice? It's one of my favourites.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    here's a really easy one... dip chicken breast into dressing of your choice ( i usually use light caesar, light ranch, jalepeno ranch) then dip into breadcrumbs and put in baking dish. bake in oven for 20 min at 400 degrees. the last time i made it with jalp. ranch and i added salsa on top and it was amazing!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options

4 cloves garlic, minced (I left this out, even though I LOVE garlic, b/c I didn't want it to be too spicy for family, I'd add it next time)
    8 slices bacon (I used turkey bacon)- I wouldn't leave this step out (I almost did), but, it really makes the flavor sooo good.

Directions

Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until wilted. Stir in sour cream, pepperjack cheese, and garlic. ( I sauted mine with pam)
    Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, and spoon some of the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach, then wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks, and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
    Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, then increase heat to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C), or use the oven's broiler to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown the bacon.
    Nutritional Information

As far as the calories, I didn't add them up, but, when I entered everything on here under recipes it came up at 299 per serving.

Can't wait to try this!!!
  • lsugirl4588
    Options
    It was great! I made the full recipe and saved the extra for lunch and dinner the next day. The Sesame Ginger chicken was good too! I ate it with fat free croutons and shredded carrots on romaine!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Sunday Chicken

4-6oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
    garlic salt
    pepper
    8oz. bag sliced baby bella mushrooms
    1 can healthy select cream of mushroom soup
    3/4 c. fat free plain yogurt

Preheat oven at 325

place chicken in casserole dish. Sprinkle both sides with garlic salt and pepper. Pour sliced mushrooms over the chicken. In a bowl mix together soup and yogurt. Pour over chicken and mushrooms. Bake uncovered for 2 1/2 hours. Serve sauce over broccoli or steamed brown rice. It's creamy deliciousness!
  • lsugirl4588
    Options
    How long do you bake the chicken parm??
  • lsugirl4588
    Options
    Making the Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breast soon! Sounds delicious!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    most days I eat lettuce wraps for lunch:

2 oz shredded chicken breast (I cook up several on Sunday so I can just grab & go during the week, either my hubby grills them or I poach them)
    2 tb hummus
    2 tb feta cheese
    mix above three ingredients and put a spoonfull into 3-4 romain or endive leaves, top with veggies (below) and a spoonfull of fat free greek yogurt
    very tasty, low carb & low fat!

for the veggies: dice 1 bell pepper, 1/2 a cucumber (peel first if you want) & 1 celery stalk very small. Mix with 2 tbs red wine vinegar (balsamic will work too!) salt, pepper and any seasonings you like (I use a greek blend) put in an airtight container, should be enough for a week of lettuce wraps :)
  • Alicia627
    Alicia627 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Directions

Nutritional Information

This sounds delicious!!! I love spinach and bacon and cheese!