Any Oly triathletes out there?

Hi,
Just curious for Men or Women in their 30's training for Olympic distance Tri's - what're you guys setting your cal goals at? what is an average day's workout looking like?

Last season I averaged anywhere from 48-65 min workouts through the three different regimes probably 5-6 days a week. I have had my cal goal set at 2110 since I joined this site and found that it became really difficult to put enough food in to get there with the calorie burns from the workouts.

I am in weight burn mode now during the winter and basically doing 30 min runs nice and easy. I will probably ramp it back up in April/May and get the bike back out of the box as well. But here are some questions -

What're you eating and what are your cal goals set at?
When you are training for oly's with the hour'ish workouts are you losing weight consistently or do you plateau - if you do plateau weight wise what are you eating during those times?

Thanks
Mike

Replies

• chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    When I was training for oly's my weight plateaued because I was training so hard. I did 3hr bricks on Saturdays, and was doing two-a-days one or two days during the week. My cal goals were set at 2300 cals with 150g of protein. I went to a sports nutritionist to help unf*ck my diet.