question about pizza calories

Options
(yes, i ate pizza, now shush)

So, i weighed my slices and then looked on the ny pizza website i ordered from, and went to see the nutrition in the pizza i ate.
And it was SO LITTLE!
201 per 100 grams, my slices were 70 grams. The fat was 6,9 g per 100 grams.
Does this sound right or am i doing something wrong??

Replies

• PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump bc i eat alot of pizzaaa
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    weighed a slice again *leftover slice, took the biggest one* and it was still 70 grams >.< (well, 73)
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I actually go about this a different way. :laugh:

I go to the nutrition portion of the company website (we like Dominos). They list the calorie count for all ingredients. I build my pizza from that, and then divide the total by 8. An average slice is just over 300 cal for me. We might start getting mediums, but it's usually the large that's on sale. :laugh:
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I just googled NY Pizza nutrition. I found nypizzeria.com that shows a slice off a 12" pizza ranged from 150 to 250, depending on the type of pizza. Aznypdpizza.com showed a whole 14" pizza ranged from 477 to 738. So if you divide that up to individual slices it would easily be a low number.
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    ah, i don't know if nyp lists that? And i eat the small ones, big pizzas intimidate me :(
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Check the pizza place's website for nutritional values. Every now and then you have to have that pizza.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Well, when I get 2 veg topping medium (I think that's 12") pizza from Dominos, it's about 200 cal per slice per their website. It's when you start adding meats or go with larger crust that the calories skyrocket. Most meats on pizza aren't exactly lean (maybe ham or chicken but definitely not sausage, beef or pepperoni) and the larger the crust, the bigger the slice so it makes sense when you think about it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right for a small pizza.