Travelling for Work!

James_H
James_H Posts: 48
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I guess this is a general moan as much as anything else!

I've been travelling with my work for the last 2 weeks and the combination of the break of my usual routine as well as unfamiliar food choices and having to eat out 3 meals a day are really taking their toll on the diet...

It's weird, even though I obviously don't have to eat tons when I do eat out, I have been doing it every meal, eating way more than I would at home, and probably less healthy choices too.

I think it's partially because I have no idea of what I'm eating, so I'm not logging my food and therefore I have no concept of how many calories I have left at any given time.

It's also because when I arrived here in Australia from the UK, I was hugely tired, my body clock was out of sync because of the time difference, and also I was starving thanks to the rubbish airline food being all I could eat for 30 hours! I made up for all that as soon as I arrived.

*SIGH* - It'll all be better when I get home and back in my routine.

Replies

• Firstly massive hugs - travelling and sticking to diet etc is never easy! Especially when your body clock gets messed up. I would just write the time off and have a fresh start when you get back ( although obviously keep up with trying to stay as healthy as possible)

xxx
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    I feel for you on the jet lag thing!! Which airline did you go with? I usually feel super full when I'm flying between UK and Aust... they just seem to feed you the whole time haha

Luckily, if you can find your motivation (and I know its hard when you're away), Australian places generally have some healthier options on the menu or they are a bit more relaxed about you requesting stuff... e.g. to have fish grilled without fat added or to have boiled potatoes instead of chips.

If you have any choice in where you eat, maybe you could try food courts at major malls (at least a few in most cities). They tend to have loads of choice - sushi, sandwiches, baked potatoes, roast... and come in smaller portions since the majority of their market is for lunch but they are often open late enough for dinner. And they are less awkward if you are by yourself.

Enjoy your trip!
This discussion has been closed.