Polar Chest Strap

Options
2»

Replies

• KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Have you washed it? Sweat build up can cause it to have difficulty reading. I rinse my FT7 strap after every workout (and rub the sensors) and wash it in the washer with a load of towels every 5-6 uses (per Polar's instructions)

I thought I read in the instructions that you should hand wash it every 5-6 uses with soap and warm water? I have the FT4 though, so I don't know if the instructions are different.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Have you washed it? Sweat build up can cause it to have difficulty reading. I rinse my FT7 strap after every workout (and rub the sensors) and wash it in the washer with a load of towels every 5-6 uses (per Polar's instructions)

I thought I read in the instructions that you should hand wash it every 5-6 uses with soap and warm water? I have the FT4 though, so I don't know if the instructions are different.

Yes, they say to only hand wash them. I let mine soak in the sink for awhile in warm water and a little soap and then hang to dry.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If a battery change doesn't help try off-setting it slightly to the left.

I find if it's exactly central over my sternum I can get a poor signal as it's not in very positive contact with my skin. Slide it over slightly and see if that improves it.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have an FT4 & FT60 and both have this problem. Batteries are new, chest strap washed right after a workout (placed in washing machine 2 times a week) and it still does it sometimes. It's all about placement. Plus other things can interfere with the signal I've found.
  • jodibelle
    jodibelle Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just had the same issue. Changed the battery on the transmitter and it still read 00. Washed the strap and then it worked just fine.