Ladies with "endowed" chests, help

Options
I have had no luck with finding a suitable bra for working out and it is so painful to do most cardio I am limited right now. How do you handle the issue? Bra suggestions? Exercises that are accommodating? Anything...

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I have had no luck with finding a suitable bra for working out and it is so painful to do most cardio I am limited right now. How do you handle the issue? Bra suggestions? Exercises that are accommodating? Anything...

Panache sports bra. Others will chime in with what they like.
  • slik1227
    slik1227 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I searched for a long time - I do not like wired sports bras and thin straps are useless.I finally found a sports bra made by Champion that has very thick supportive straps, gives generous coverage and - to a degree - compression support. I am able to jump, jog, dance (zumba or aerobic) and have even worn it while on the trampoline! I have found these at an outlet mall where I live, but am sure you could search online. They do not last much past 6 months and that is ok, I would rather par for something I can tolerate. Price is @ $40.00 per each one.

btw, when I started I was more than well endowed. now I am getting to just endowed....
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,234 Member
    Options
    Enell bras. Worth every penny.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    30ff here and i can jump around for hours in the shock absorber for dd plus! no excuses lol!
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I pretty much gave up looking for one in Canada. I am a 36 F. The ones I have found are like $90 and over. I actually started having my mother in law ship me some from the UK. they tend to work really well (couldn't tell you the brand). If someone has a suggestion for one I can get here, please!
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    30ff here and i can jump around for hours in the shock absorber for dd plus! no excuses lol!

Is the brand shock absorber?
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options

I'm really thinking of getting one of these.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like Moving Comfort brand Maia. I used to wear 2 bras to exercise and still get more bounce than with this.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, as well. I have no suggestions. But I'll be back later to read the replies.
  • bijoux79
    Options
    38F and recommend "shock absorber" D +...amazing. I can run witht giving myself black eyes
  • slimmalikah
    slimmalikah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36F and I have a great bra from Championusa.com
  • KSimmarano
    KSimmarano Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, Danskin at Walmart. They have some for more support. I'm a very full 38DD. Of course, above that cup size is difficult to find at Wally World....
  • smccarty23
    smccarty23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have found the new Victoria's Secret sports bras work well for me. I do a lot of high impact at my kettlebell gym and these work pretty well for what I do. I'm always on the search for the most comfortable bra.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    36 DDD/E over here, I feel your pain, the only thing I find that works is to wear a pretty snug sports bra and then another slightly looser one over that OR the snug bra with a racerback that has a "bra" built in ... I know a lot of other women their only solution is doubling up their bras...
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great sports bra brands for large chested ladies, in order of personal preference (I'm 34F or G in a Chantelle bra for reference, 36E in a Moving Comfort bra):

-Moving Comfort
    -Shock Absorber
    -Enell
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a 36G and the Enell has been good. The only downsides I've seen is that a) the bottom three hooks on mine rusted pretty quickly so the bra looks fugly right now, but since I always wear a shirt over it, that doesn't matter and b) I've lost enough weight since purchasing the Enell that I need to get a new one in a smaller size. But even with problem a, I'm still going for another Enell. :-)
  • ReinaH1216
    ReinaH1216 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    totally Danskin at Wal-Mart if you on a budget, the front close ones kind of hold me in a lot better and theres no painful squishing
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Seconded.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Nothing helpful to say other than, if I do a quick hit on my mini tramp I hold my norks with my hands lol :blushing:
  • Sweetnothing78
    Sweetnothing78 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I double up. It seems to help.