FitBit-Force Vs Flex?

Options
Hi!
I am 25, with 3 kids looking into getting fitbit. Just looking for opinions on force and flex, I have looked all through the website but wanted to get an idea from actual people using one.

1. if it is a good piece of equipment and program and is it difficult to use?
2. force or flex, which do you like best and why?
3. what features on Force do you like that are not on the flex and why?

Thanks so much!
Brittany

Replies

• tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany - I have the force and my sister has the flex - the force is like a watch where you can SEE your steps taken, calories burned, activity minutes etc... The flex you have to login and sync to view your steps, etc.. I LOVE my force!! It's very easy to use - just make sure the device you are going to use it with (ipad, etc) works with the one you choose.
  • supersavinglady
    supersavinglady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do these track your heart rate? I'm just asking because I do exercise classes so I don't think that just counting steps would give me how many calories burned accurately. Thanks!
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    I looked at both and end up going with the flex. Not being able to see you steps directly is a negative, but the indicator lights leds do give you a surprisingly accurate view of how far you are.

I went with the flex because they said you could shower with it, which I have tested and found to be true although drying it is a bit tricky, so I know I will never ruin it by being caught in the rain. Also it is a great deal smaller, because it doesn't have a screen.

I have found the calorie estimation, based on the steps taken to be almost perfect and I haven't had any issues with it counting steps wrong, even when I put my hands in my pockets.

The silent alarm is a bit of misnormer, I think it would have been more accurate to call it a quiet alarm as it is audible in a quit room. It is still a much better way to wake up though.

All in all I am not disappointed.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I looked at both and end up going with the flex. Not being able to see you steps directly is a negative, but the indicator lights leds do give you a surprisingly accurate view of how far you are.

I went with the flex because they said you could shower with it, which I have tested and found to be true although drying it is a bit tricky, so I know I will never ruin it by being caught in the rain. Also it is a great deal smaller, because it doesn't have a screen.

I have found the calorie estimation, based on the steps taken to be almost perfect and I haven't had any issues with it counting steps wrong, even when I put my hands in my pockets.

The silent alarm is a bit of misnormer, I think it would have been more accurate to call it a quiet alarm as it is audible in a quit room. It is still a much better way to wake up though.

All in all I am not disappointed.

To my knowledge, the Force is water resistant as well.

I have the Flex and purchased it in August 2013. I debated with myself whether I should wait until Christmas and ask for a fitbit then and I definitely should have. If I had, I would have asked for the Force, not the Flex, but at the time I didn't know the Force was coming out.

The Force is like the best of both worlds between the One and the Flex.

I love this image.
    fp9w8y.jpg
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I picked the flex for a few reasons:
    It's about 30% smaller than the force
    I am close to a computer most of the day so I can sync often and don't need the readout on the band
    Most important to me was that the flex is waterproof , the force isn't. I wanted something I didn't have to take on and off a lot.
    The force is water resistance ie splash and sweat proof. It cannot be worn in the shower, the flex can

Either way, you can't go wrong, I absolutely love mine.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The Force has more features, but has also been having issues with skin irritation.
    I wanted one pretty bad and was gonna get it for my birthday but have opted to wait until they do something about the issue.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you. great picture about fitbit comparison and that is good to know about skin irritation, I will look into it.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have the flex and love it. I found the force to be too bulky. If you carry your smart phone with you always, you can sync to that and see your progress. Plus note that they have just recalled the force today.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    They are basically the same product. The Force only has the one extra perk to it: being able to see your data on the actual bracelet. But it's too big for me. I'm still getting used to wearing the Flex. I picked the Flex because it is cheaper and smaller. Syncing hasn't been a problem. It syncs automatically as long as it's within range.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was going to get the Force but a quick read of amazon reviews changed my mind. Apparently fitbit changed the band/clasp and many many many people posted that the force fell off and they lost it. Oh and the way its designed you can't change the band.

That being said i love my fitbit flex. I like that if the band gets gross or if i want a new look i can purchase a new band. Also the lack of display really doesn't affect things. I take 2 secs and look at my phone- which is always with me anyways,
    And can see my numbers. Oh if you go with the flex, on amazon the slate gray is $7 cheaper than the black lol. Go figure.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The force is being recalled. So if that's the one you want, you should wait until the skin irritation issue is resolved.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/02/21/fitbit-force-recall/5699549/
  • CaroleBeins
    CaroleBeins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 issues with the Force. The 1st was it falling off. I got a black watch band and that definitely helped. I also discovered that as I used it and broke-in the band it will attach more securely.

The 2nd is that I am one of the ones that had a severe skin reaction, not from the band itself, but at the location where the unit made contact with my wrist.

Fitbit Has been very cooperative in exchanging it. I am confident that it is not a widespread problem. I hope they resolve the problem soon - I am using a Flex now but I miss the features that are on the Force.
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one, and just love it. Syncs well with mfp. I like being able to read steps directly from it. Does a good job tracking sleep as well.