Advice needed for DVD's

Options
I am on 30 Day shred at the mo, I want to lose more body fat and really tone up. Cardio wise I'm pretty fit, I can comfortably run 4.5 miles but strength wise I'm not too hot(getting better with 30DS). What would be the next DVD stage to do, I really fancy P90x but I don't think I'm fit enough for that yet. I know I'm getting that stage where the last 12lbs are going to be really stubborn to lose. I also need a DVD that doesnt require too much space as I'll be doing in our lounge while hubby and kids are asleep upstairs.

Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    If you can do 30 day shred you can do P90X. ALso to make shred harder and longer try repeating the levels. Example level 1 & 2 or do level 1 and repeat and so on. It is a great workout. Also No more trouble zones that JM has out is great too.
  • Degrotet
    Degrotet Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You may want to look into a program called ChaLean Extreme. SHe is the lady that does TurboJam which is an amazingly fun cardio workout. However the Extreme DVD ficuses more on strength training and is sort of like P90X but more women friendly in my opinion. Between Extreme and TurboJam, I lost 8 pounds within a month and was on my way to losing more when I had to stop for my high risk pregnancy. I really enjoyed it. Good Luck!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Take a look at BodyRock.tv

It's a free website where Zuzana and her husband post bodyweight strenght training workout and high intensity interval workout a few times a week. You usually don't need any equipment (beside a timer), all exercises can be adapted for beginner, it's quick (12 to 25 minutes a day), super effective in gaining strenght and definition and it's all free !

It can be intimidating the first few times you watch her videos (she's in an amazing shape) but once you jump in, it's really fun and rewarding. You don't necessarily do the exercises in front of the computer like a DVD though - you watch the video, grab a piece of paper with some notes on the intervals or reps and you can head wherever you want to do your workout. I love it !
  • bengal128
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your advice, it realy helps. I'm really interested in Chalean Extreme but its appears to be imossible to get here in the UK and also the P90x is a lot cheaper so I think I might just take the plunge and go for the P90x. Reading all your replies has made me really motivated. Thanks guys! I do love this place.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I would say No More Trouble Zones. Another Jillian workout, so you'd be familiar with her philosophy/some moves...but the strength is much harder in NMTZ (in my opinion). I also can go run 4.5+ miles but have trouble with enjoying strength and getting it into my workout rotation. I've been really training for a race and running 4x a week, doing yoga 1-2 days a week and getting strength in when I can...but I use NMTZ (some or all of the circuits) when I do strength. I'm also thinking of progressing to Chalene Extreme once my running tapers down a bit!
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    For a cheap and (to me) quite challenging workout try the 10 Minute Solution Blast Off Belly Fat. It's 5 x 10 minute workouts that you can mix up to suit your own needs. I am finding the Belly Fat Blaster 10 mins good cardio (but then I am very unfit) and the Flat Belly Fast 10 mins is good but I am struggling with the Plank exercises! lol

When I say cheap I mean cheap - £4 in Tesco! Well worth it for me or for a beginner but maybe too tame for a fitter person.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    P90X and ChaLEAN Extreme both cost the same, when purchased from Beachbody.com. They are Beachbody products, which are only sold through Beachbody.com or from one of the Beachbody coaches. If you buy from anywhere else, you risk getting an incomplete set, no guidebooks or pirated DVDs which may not play correctly - and - if the disks don't work, you won't be able to get them replaced since they aren't genuine Beachbody products!

Both P90X and ChaLEAN Extreme come with multiple DVDs and two guidebooks: one to guide you through the program and the other is a nutritional guide.

I highly recommend ChaLEAN Extreme! There are a couple of ChaLEAN threads on MFP, if you search for them. The folks on the thread can give you some more info and tips on the program, so you don't have to take my word for it! :) Here's a couple for you:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117627-chalean-extreme

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/111573-join-me-turbo-fire-chalean-extreme-hybrid-starts-today

Hope this helps! Good luck!