question about P90X

Options
so i'm on my last week.
How long did u wait before starting again?
I know it says a couple of weeks but i'm just wondering how long everyone waited between rounds.
Also what did you do between those week?
I was actually thinking about running 3 days a week till i get back into it.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on completing the program, you pictures look great, are they your final pics? I have completed the program 3 times and am in phase 2 of my 4th round, I typically waited 2-4 weeks between rounds and just did my regular routine in between.

The running 3 days in between is a good idea but make sure you do some strength training as well so you don't lose some of what you gained from the program. Maybe run 3 days and do resistance training 2 days for 2-4 weeks. The week prior to getting back into it you might want to take it a little easy, think rest week. Good luck.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You look awesome.....When I did it, I waited two weeks, and I did the routine, that give you for their rest weeks....
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    After my first round I went straight into round 2....big mistake. My body had not recovered and my reps were lagging on pushup/pullup exercises. Now I take a week off and just do lower impact stuff like walking. Your body needs to recover from the pounding this workout will give you.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great!
    Did you work out before starting it, or was this your first workout? I have been doing 30 day shred and a few BL workouts since last January. I borrowed the p90x from my neighbor, but have been too scared to start it.:blushing: Should I just jump in?
    Congrats on finishing it! :flowerforyou:
  • scarysherrie
    Options
    I have just started PX90 at work with several others. Can anyone tell me how to log it in under "daily exercise" ?
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    I have just started PX90 at work with several others. Can anyone tell me how to log it in under "daily exercise" ?

You are going to need a heart rate monitor with a "calories burned" function. You'll want to type in the workout manual (i.e. P90X Chest & Back) under, I believe, the cardiovascular section and add the calories burned from your HRM. I believe this will be the closest think to accuracy that you will get because each individual burns different calories for each workout.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    actually no they aren't my finally pictures I took them a week or 2 ago
    i just wasn't sure what to do. I think i'll figure something out just was curious on what other do when they finish.
    I've actually tried to do this workout 4 other times and never made it past the first month for an differant reasons.
    Feels really good to finish. Got to keep up with something as i don't want to undo all the hard work i've done.
    Thanks for the support :D
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    actually no they aren't my finally pictures I took them a week or 2 ago
    i just wasn't sure what to do. I think i'll figure something out just was curious on what other do when they finish.
    I've actually tried to do this workout 4 other times and never made it past the first month for an differant reasons.
    Feels really good to finish. Got to keep up with something as i don't want to undo all the hard work i've done.
    Thanks for the support :D

Have you thought about Insanity? That seems to be the next progression for P90X grads who are looking to go to the next level. I'm doing a hybrid right now which I will follow up with a P90X/Insanity "Max" hybrid which should be done just in time for the new P90X to come out.

One thing about Beachbody, just when you started to think you had the answers, they change the questions in the form of new workouts to keep things fresh.
  • newman84
    Options
    yeah i've actually thought about doing insanity
    I'm really looking forward to the new P90X I'm defanitly buying it when it comes out.
    The only thing that worries me is i'm going away for a year and i'm not sure how much space i'm going to have to actually work out it. I might have to look at going to the gym while i'm gone.
  • newman84
    Options
    WOW! You look great!
    Did you work out before starting it, or was this your first workout? I have been doing 30 day shred and a few BL workouts since last January. I borrowed the p90x from my neighbor, but have been too scared to start it.:blushing: Should I just jump in?
    Congrats on finishing it! :flowerforyou:

I did do some working out but not near what i needed to be doing.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I just finished up P90X today!!! Im going to take about 2 weeks off and do some walking/running, yoga, and a few workouts from a website called bodyrock.tv!!! By the way you look great!!! :smile: