Reading Suggestion?

Options
Hello All. I am looking for some book suggestions regarding nutrition and exercise. I'm not looking for plan information so much as I am looking for the science part of it. I am trying to better understand how my body will react given certain stimulus/fuel. I am more than willing to go for basic information as well as college level books. I have a hard time with all the research papers due to finding offsetting research on the exact same topic.

Books so far are:

Chi Running - A little too Holistic for my taste but I did find useful information.

Nutrition for Dummies - It's been a LONG while since I've had any nutritional schooling so I found this was a good refresher.

Racing Weight - While I am far from the type of athlete who would actually need this plan I am finding there is still information of quality use in my quest to be a better runner.

Anything else along these lines that would be helpful? Please don't recommend fad diet books like the Fast Metabolism Diet, that's not what I am looking for.

Thank you!!

Replies

• uboom
    uboom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Racing weight applies to all endurance sports. One of the best books written in my opinion.
  • donohuge
    Options
    Clinical sports nutrition- louise burke

AND

Anything written by jukendrup
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Thank you both.

I'm sure I will finish with Racing Weight this weekend, and to this point Uboom it is an excellent book!

I have added Sports Nutrition 2nd Edition (Juekendrip), Sports Nutrition: From Lab to Kitchen (Juekendrip), and Clinical Sports Nutrition (Louise Burke) to my list. Anything else I would find useful?