I wanna binge

Options
I'm not new to MFP but I am new to message boards, blogs, etc.... I am in need of MFP friends. Losing weight has been a struggle for me as I am addicted to food -- my entire world revolves around food. I just need the support of others who understand my world. I feel this world is so private and most people won't understand how hard it is to say no to the next binge.

I would love to support anyone in their journey and ask for the same. Wanna be my friend??? :-)

Replies

• whyhelloheart
    whyhelloheart Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah!
  • I am a recovering binger, I haven't binged in about 4 months I'd say, it is so hard but so worth it! Just keep progressing and don't deprive yourself! Feel free to add me.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You are welcome to add me! I am on every day and strive to encourage and motivate my friends!
  • scoutli
    scoutli Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have an incurable sweet tooth. I am at my goal weight, but I go through cycles of healthy choices, then back to eating garbage. Ugh!! I'll be your friend!
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed quite a few binges in the past, but now I need to be selfish about my health. It's definitely an everyday battle and it helps to see other people posting their diaries and exercise.

Feel free to add me.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    its good to be a foodie.
    YUM.
  • peachsilver
    peachsilver Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i no how you feel, iv just decided after 5 years of gaining weight that's its time to shift it.

listen. you are going to look and feel amazing in a couple of months, its not that long of a time...
    think about how quickly the years pass sometimes, just find a distraction.

Jerrie xx
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Hi, I struggle with binge eating, I am largely OK nowadays and seem to have it under cover, but I still have about 35lb left to lose to get to my goal and am finding it a bit difficult now that I am so close....

I am motivated and dedicated, I am on here every day and I post a lot.... you're welcome to add me.

xXx
  • clf542
    clf542 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI, i'm also new to the whole message board thing - but my issue is the same, i have been trying to lose weight as i am pretty unhappy with the way i look at present, i can go all day eating healthily i stick to proteins and vegetables, and a few carbs - i even have been committing to exercise although not as much as i like - problem is by this sort of time the whole day is wasted as i have now eaten 3 bags of crisps and a cake, i am not even sure i am hungry !! it's so frustrating and i feel so motivated when working out but then a few hours later….. before i know it i have eaten another 1000 calories !! any help or advice would be lovely :) x
  • SimplyMeKim
    SimplyMeKim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's so hard isn't it? It's not like drugs, alcohol, etc... you simply can't quit food. :-)
  • SimplyMeKim
    SimplyMeKim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I let myself "cheat" around the holidays and it was the worst mistake ever. My definition of cheat is eating AS MUCH as I want, not neccesarily whatever I want. I never deprive myself of having a little bit of something yummy and it is sooo hard to stop but I was doing really well. The thought of "I'd like to eat this entire box of cookies" or "These taste so good I'm just going to finish the bag. And then have another!" is always on my mind when I eat something that triggers such thoughts. But I had built up enough mental strength so that I was able to stop myself.

Around the holidays, I didn't stop myself though and it brought the habit back big time. I am only now just starting to feel strong again and have been able to tell myself STOP!

I'd love to be part of a support team together. Honestly the only thing that has brought me back around these past few days has been my itch to excerise. And logging food had become such a habit, I wanted to do it right. I also try to say over and over again "Tomorrow is a new day" and "Tomorrow doesn't have to be like today." I hope this helps. Feel free to add me!
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there !! I have been on MFP for over a year and log on several times per day. I have a history of disordered eating and have had problems with binge / purge. Even though MFP has helped a great deal (with logging), it's the friends I've made that have been my biggest source of support. I don't know where I'd be without my friends. I'm here for you and anyone else struggling, please feel free to add me
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hi all feel free to add me for support if you want..if not good luck on your goal
  • ny1120
    ny1120 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have my share of binging that's for sure. It's my all or nothing mentality. When I'm good... I am GOOD, but when I am bad......oh boy. Need buddies! Add me :)
  • emmymanne
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • drlewando
    drlewando Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I think I binged for the entire decade of my 40s. The good feeling is only short term, long term pain.
    I am now suffering the health consequences. I slip now and then. In fact yesterday was one of those days,,,, how an a DQ shake seriously have 720 calories.
  • mike4811
    mike4811 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's a struggle for me. I like to binge after a hard day. My downfall are chips. But now I only eat a few and drink plenty water with them. You can do it, It has been 2 years slim for me....................................