18 Days without Coca Cola I miss It :(

Options
So 18 days ago I started my Diet, has lost 6 pounds.

I used to be a Heavy Coca Cola Drinker at least 2 liters per day.

When I started my diet I replaced all My coke intake with Water.

But I Miss the Coca Cola.

I Miss the carbonated liquid going down and burping out that hot air out.

:(

Edit: Grammar

Replies

• McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was a heavy pop drinker too (diet pepsi)

I found that if I buy a little bit of sparkling water that I can get a small amount of that amazing carbonated feeling without so much guilt! I use it fairly sparingly, but it really helps when I am craving pop!

I am still drinking a small amount of pop too, but only after I have at least 8 cups of water and I try to reach for the sparkling water first to see if that helps!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I miss my coke, too, and not diet. To show how much, true story. I was picking up my younger son from school a few years back. He had a bottle of coke, half gone, that a teacher had bought him after school. He ran up to me and said I could have it. Then his teacher came over and, in a loud voice (and lots of people around), said "Right. Your son told me you were a coke addict!"

And I still miss it! ????
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    have you tried any flavored seltzers? i like polar's orange vanilla flavor... pretty tasty, sugar/calorie/sodium free and no artificial flavors
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You can have Coca Cola you know, it won't kill you.
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I miss it too. I try not to drink it too much anymore. :c
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you are under by a bit quite a few days.

maybe you could have a can on the same day every week and look forward to it?
  • justiceevers
    Options
    Just track it, or have vanilla coke zero. Dat stuff is GAF
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I quit diet soda about 6 weeks ago. I've been drinking soda since I was a kid. I get a craving once in a while, but I feel better without it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Too much sense.

You make too much sense.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

This.

You were under by almost 500 calories yesterday. I believe a can of coke is 140.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I have a diet soda or three daily. Make room for it and enjoy.
  • tif83
    tif83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a 2-3 cokes/day. I quit for a year, then started up again. When I stopped again, I instantly started losing weight. Not just from the coke, I had major changes, but that helped. Recently I relapsed and I'm really counting today as "Day 1" of my final diet journey.

But, what I wanted to tell you is that, you CAN do it!!!!! And once you quit having it, you don't miss it so much- just give it time. Also, I found that I'm tempted b/c it's still in the house and stares at me when I open the fridge (I moved in w/ my dad after relocating last year). BUT, I'm finally getting my own place again next week, and I will NOT keep it in the house. When it wasn't around, I went a year and didn't bat an eye.

So- just hang in there, and the cravings will go away!!!! You can do this!!!

-Tiffany
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I still drink diet once or twice a week. A lot of the time I try to have club soda with lime. still hits the spot and no fake sugars.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You dont have to give it up completely, why dont you have a can every couple of days/once a week?
    As long as you work it into your calories its fine :)
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Coke zero.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Try one and see if you still like it. If you can manage it, get those little 12 oz bottles. On a day that you're under on your calories, have one! I found that when I gave up soda, though, going back was a weird experience. I tried one and it was GROSS! But I somehow managed to get hooked again. I'm weening off one more time!
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    diet-coke-24.jpg

this help?
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Coke zero.

Yes.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you cut it out completely? If you have a problem controlling your intake then I understand (I had to cut out chips completely for this reason - it was the one food I couldn't portion control). Otherwise I'd say try and fit one into your calories if you're under one day. If it's something you really enjoy then don't cut it out completely.

Personally, I was never a coke addict or anything but I do like coke. I figured out that it wasn't necessarily coke that I like but just the fizz. So now I drink club soda and every now and again I have a coke (usually with rum :P). After not drinking it for awhile I realized it wasn't all I had cracked it up to be.

Good luck!