Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hey all!
I would really like to get a HRM, but don't want to spend a fortune...on the other hand, I don't want a piece of crap. I've been searching online for the past couple of months & just can't decide on one. Also, I know that the ones with the chest band thing are more accurate? but I'd prefer just a wrist/arm one. I run almost everyday & usually do some sort of dvd as well (p90x or brazil butt stuff). Would also like it to keep track of calories... Any insight is much appreciated!!!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The chest strap is more accurate because its reading your HR real time and transmitting it, I would suggest the cheapest Polar you can get with a strap, I have a Polar FT7 that has the strap and I love it.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have a polar with a chest strap and I thought I would hate the strap but I really do not notice it and workout to dvds. I bought mine off of Ebay and had great luck with that.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between the FT60 & FT7?
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I bit the bullet & got the Polar FT60.... hopefully it's a keeper :)
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    There's actually one on a big one-day sale right now. It's a Bowflex Precision XT Heart Rate Monitor (has chest strap). I use this one and think it works great. It tells you cals burned & when you're in your HR zone & stuff. It's normally quite expensive but this is like a "last year's" model for only $18 & shipping. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.1saleaday.com/

Good luck.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I bit the bullet & got the Polar FT60.... hopefully it's a keeper :)

Polars are great!
  • clipsychic
    Options
    Nice tips!!!