Have You Ever Had Or Made Sweet Potato Fries?

Options
2»

Replies

• GnomeNana
    GnomeNana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To alliana07 - Would this work if you make them smaller instead of the wedges?
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love them! I like them with sea salt and chipotle powder. I use olive oil to bake them.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes, yum! I bake them with cumin, chili powder, and black pepper.
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Cabella's sells a 'steak fries' seasoning that goes perfect on fries of any kind! Love sweet potato fries!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a recipe for them but wondering if you can bake them instead of frying. Also, what do you sprinkle on them Thanks in advance..

I cut them into fry shapes, place them single layer on a baking sheet, spray a little (only a little) cooking spray on top, season them to taste and broil them in the oven for about 8 mins or until brown and crispy. YUM!

j0MnbtQ.jpg
  • Jurow
    Jurow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i cut them into wedges season with herbs or spices and bake with a little olive oil
  • the_Rooster
    the_Rooster Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I make them; I wouldn't buy them from a bag. They are so simple! Sometimes I sprinkle just salt/pepper to taste. If I want them spicy, I do cumin, chili powder and garlic powder. If you want spicy and sweet try adding cinnamon as well. Yummy :)
  • shanners85
    shanners85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have and I LOVE them.

I bake mine. I cut them up nice and thin - almost like shoestring fries but a little thicker - and toss them with different spices. Sometimes I'll make them "spicy", other times with simply salt and pepper. I haven't had them yet when I don't like them!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Cut them, sprinkle them with mixed herbs such as herbs de provence, ginger, or curry powder, plus cracked black pepper and a little salt, bake at 350.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I've made them and love them. Cut the raw sweet potato into "fry" shape, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, toss in a big bowl to coat them all slightly. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake on cookie sheet. You can then serve them with honey as a dipping sauce. (Just watch that you don't go TOO crazy with the oil....or the honey..or you'll undo the calorie loss you get from avoiding deep-friend regular taters.)

I usually use a Mrs. Dash blend a bit of sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil - toss in a bowl to coat and bake - delish and I like them with ketchup :flowerforyou:
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I always bake them. I especially like mine with a bit of oil and ground cumin or curry powder.
  • traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I make these at least once a week. Peel potato and cut into fry size pieces. Then I spray a cookie sheet with PAM. Then instead of coating in oil I just spray the potatoes with the PAM after they're on the sheet. I sprinkle with seasoned salt, cinnamon, and garlic powder. Bake @ 425 until soft on inside and crispy on outside. I turn once top side turns crispy. Then I eat them with avocado sauce.
    Put 2 avocados & 1/2 lime juice in food processor until smooth, flavor with spices as desired. Such a good combo.
  • melgap
    melgap Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    look for Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries on skinnytaste.com - everyone loved them!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to thank you all for the wonderful ideas, can't wait to try these..