Lower back injury

Options
I recently had a lower back injury, I have been away from the gym for over a week. I am feeling discouraged because I was just getting into a routine. Is there any suggestions for things I can do to still get some sort of workout in while my back recovers?
I am resting it as much as possible. But getting a little stir crazy now!

Thank you all!

Replies

• morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Does your gym offer Pilates? It's great for building lower back/core strength.
  • mtngrl3
    mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I had injured my lower back also about two years ago and experienced the same thing. Ended up having to go to physical therapy for a while and realized it was all the same things I could do in the gym. Main thing to remember while you're back is healing is to not push it (like you would for a normal workout). If it hurts stop. But hip raises and 'knee' planks seemed to work also stability exercises on an exercise ball. Recumbant bike also, but it took me about 1 yr to even think about lifting weights again and when I did I started by just going through the motions, then just the bar, etc. After I did any workout I iced/heated my lower back which I highly suggest. Hope this helps!!