Citrocillin for yeast over-growth ?? Helped with plateau ?

Options
Has anyone used Citrocillin to clear their yeast over - growth ?? and has it helped with a long plateau ?

I dreaded posting about my at least 5 month plateau because I know what you will all say about measuring and counting and working out etc etc … I have lost weight before and was losing fine over 5 months ago but it all came to a halt !! I have tried everything to get over this long plateau and absolutely nothing has worked. If I was only at my last 10 - 20 lbs I would not care less but I am still obese and really want to get down to a healthy bmi for my health !! My doctor insists that my thyroid is fine .

Do I just give up trying to get to a healthy BMI and say this is where I am intended to be ? Any other medical issues that may be the problem ?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Before trying something with little science, why not take a closer look at your diet? You have a lot of processed foods and breads and starches. Even if your problem were some mystical yeast over-growth, you would have to omit those foods in order for any supplement to actually have an effect. Why not just start with the diet?

Diets high in lean proteins and vegetables, with a good dose of healthy fats help with a large number of hormonal imbalances that aren't always on your doctor's radar, such as insulin resistance. If, as your age suggests, you are in perimenopause, or even menopause, your hormonal balance will be completely amok. For details on this kind of diet, look into recommendations for pre-diabetics or PCOS or brand names such as South Beach, Sonoma or Mediterranean.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I have 1 slice white toast for breakfast and another for lunch , You think thats to much ? and would prevent me from losing ?? I have lots of weight to lose still.

I thought everyone says count calories on here ? I have gone over on calories once since starting MFP

I am 52 years old and doc says I am not in menopause -- still regular on my TOM LOL no night sweats nothing
  • concordancia
    Options
    I have 1 slice white toast for breakfast and another for lunch , You think thats to much ? and would prevent me from losing ?? I have lots of weight to lose still.

I thought everyone says count calories on here ? I have gone over on calories once since starting MFP

I am 52 years old and doc says I am not in menopause -- still regular on my TOM LOL no night sweats nothing

You also have pizza, fish sticks, and lots of other sources of starches and hidden sugars.

If you aren't willing to consider addressing these diet issues, taking supplements aimed at yeast over growth is completely pointless, as yeast loves sugar and starches.
  • mamma_nee
    Options
    I make those myself so I know what I put into them ..its not processed …I chop the flounder fillets :)
  • mamma_nee
    Options
    Okay - so I need to cut out starch altogether … I thought sugar was an issue but I eliminated sugar already so I am 1 step closer
  • pminter
    pminter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am by no means an expert but I have recently overcome a plateau by watching my pie chart and macro nutrients.
    Hope this helps
  • concordancia
    Options
    Ha, sorry, I have never known anyone to make their own fish sticks before! I am impressed.

Your body turns starches, especially white flour, into sugar immediately. A common science experiment is to chew a saltine and keep it in your mouth until it dissolves. It will start tasting sweet because your saliva begins the digestion process of breaking down starches. Starches are just chains of sugars, in chemical terms.

Whether or not you need to cut it out all together may be a matter of trial and error for you. The important thing is that if you have worked to cut out sugars, you are aware that starches found in plain white toast and crackers will actually be sugar in your blood stream faster than many actual sugars.
  • mamma_nee
    Options
    I have tried everything :(

lowering calories
    upping calories
    low carb
    slow carb
    paleo
    High fat med protein low carb
    no carb
    no dairy / milk / cheese

this week I am trying LOW FAT !! its the only thing I have not tried

Then I did the spit test for candida yeast and its positive … but I think everyone would be positive so I am lost at what to try next if this is not going to work for me this week :(

I just want to SCREAM !! :(
  • mamma_nee
    Options
    When i did eat the bread I always ate it with my protein , shouldn`t that keep sugar levels even?
  • concordancia
    Options
    Pick one thing and stick to it for at least 4 weeks. When you change every couple of weeks, your body doesn't have time to adjust.

I really wouldn't worry about the yeast thing at this point.

You might want to consider putting the scale away while you focus on your new routine for a month.

You have come so far, now is not the time to cave! You can do this!
  • mamma_nee
    Options
    I gave them all over 2 to 3 weeks … my Plateau has been over 5 month long