transition to Weigh Watchers

krislew
krislew Posts: 46 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been following MFP for awhile now and I've been stuck for awhile now so I'm thinking of switching direction and try to follow Weight Watchers for a bit to see if I can break myself of some bad habits I'm getting.

I've done weight watchers in the past so I'm very familiar with it. But I want to keep logging my food on here.

My question is how do I know what to change my daily goals to to mesh with Weight Watchers goals?? Right now my MFP goals are a bit lower than what I'm allowed on Weight Watchers. So I want to raise my goals.

I know there is a formula for figuring out points, but how do I know exactly how many calores/fat/fiber to put in my goals?

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    For calories, I'd do the WW for a few weeks and see what your points typically get you in terms of calories. Keep logging. If you go over your calories on here for those weeks, I wouldn't worry about it.

Carb/Protein and Fiber for a balanced diet, which is what WW touts is 50% carbs, 30% protein & 20% fat. If you manually set to those goals, they'll adjust for you.

Fiber should be 25 for a healthy woman.

Hopefully that helps!
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    thank you!!
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 465 Member
    Lifetime member of WW here, gained my weight back. I also try to do WW and log here as well. I do that for all my friends here and I keep track of my WW points on my iphone app. I read somewhere that each point is the equivalent of 50 calories.
This discussion has been closed.