comfort

Options
Hi. My name is Carol and I have been a member here for quite some time. I deleted a previous account and opened another awhile back to have a fresh start. This is just a way for me to keep track as sometimes I need a reality check.
Th bottom line for me is that I don't feel comfortable in my own skin anymore. I have recently turned 50 and the thickening and belly fat that many women my age have to contend with is really getting me down. I don't feel like myself. I've been overweight but the belly is getting worse and causing me the most grief. It is why I feel so uncomfortable and so unlike myself.
I wish I could just accept it because it seems like all I hear is how it's virtually impossible to lose weight as you get older. I feel like there is improvement to be made. That I can have some success. I have set some goals for myself. Not weight loss or anything like that. But changes I'm going to make and healthy habits I'm going to establish.
I want to feel like me again.

Replies

• handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    well your on the right path.. just stay positive about the journey and you'll get there..good luck.

edited for typos
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    its not impossible but it will take hard work. SInce you sound like you are ready to do it you will.
    I am an ex couch potato and now do some form of exercise 6 days a week. The logging is definately a reality check as I actually used to think I didnt eat alot.
    Good luck and dont give up. x
  • ROBINCAN2
    ROBINCAN2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will turn 50 this year and belive me I know how it is to not feel comfortable in your own skin! I hate going anywhere that I don't have to! My husband gets so frustrated with me!! I have 80+ pounds to loose. I think I go to work and the grocery store and family stuff and that is it......I even hate going ot family stuff because I am afraid of what they will say! Anyway, I had foot surgery late last year and gain another 20+ pounds and I was very down on myself. Now I am in the game and have a whole different perspective on life and how I am going to reach my goal. I love having friends that are determined like me and give support on up and down days. I am not quitting....I am not a quitter and MFP is helping me and I would like to share with you if you need and give that support. Robin