To those who have been thin before....

Options
2»

Replies

• scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Huh. All of you who thought you were fat? I never thought that I was fat until I was Obese Phase II. Nonetheless, I would smack the skinny me around and tell me not to let myself get fat!
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this. When I was in high school at 120lbs I felt soft and yucky (I probably was, my weight loss was very unhealthy), I went on a weight gaining rampage and ended up at 180.
    The whole time I was trying to lose weight, i just kept thinking about how "small" i was in highschool, and how i didn't apprechiate it. Now I'm back down to 125lbs, and still thinking back on my "small" body. I'm easily the same size, if not actually smaller now due to muscle gain.
    stupid brain.

I'm 5'6"
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'd like to smack my teenaged self for spending so much time in front of the TV snacking. I was fairly active (hiking, backpacking, walking), but you can't outrun a bad diet....

And then I'd like to smack my 29-40-year-old selves for slowly putting on (at the rate of 6 lb./year) all the weight I took off during grad school, and then a little more. If I had known then what I know now....

But regret isn't much help, and frankly, if I had a time machine I'd be doing stuff that was a lot more fun than smacking my former self, like finding out if it really is against the time-traveling rules to kill Hitler.