Hello

I've been on the site a few years now, I just never used it for more than tracking my food and such. It's nice to talk to others about fitness and weight loss though, so I figured I would open up more to the community. I'm six months post-op from Gastric Bypass surgery, and have lost 85 pounds all together (what I lost before and after surgery). It's a choice I made for me, and I know how people think about it. I used to have negative views of weight loss surgery too, until I watch a close friend go through it. It's a lot of work, but it's okay if you don't believe me. I understand.

I am also married, have one son, and am in my senior year at UCLA. I'm generally a pretty busy person, so finding the time to track meals, cook everything instead of eating conveniently, exercise regularly, etc. was a huge lifestyle change for me. Throughout my journey, I have found the confidence I lost so long ago, and I feel really good about myself.

My interests are:

Reading (I'm a Literature major)
Knitting
Science Fiction
Fantasy
Anime
Manga
Film
Dancing
Yoga
Walking (I love to walk!)
Video Games (I'm usually too busy to play though)
Writing
Disney
Vintage Clothes
Meditation

Replies

• Joytotheworld57
    Joytotheworld57 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello! I am new to the site having recently discovered I could link this site to my Fitbit Flex. I don't have a lot of weight to lose (I'm hoping for 8 lbs), but I deal with several auto-immune diseases as well as being a cancer survivor and I want to be as strong, fit, and healthy as I possibly can.

I am 56, mother to 4 grown children, and grandmother to 2 beautiful granddaughters. I am, what I call, athletically challenged, but I have always loved to exercise and workout. In addition to this, I enjoy reading, gardening, entertaining family and friends, and doting on my fiance and our fur-kids.

Congratulations on your surgery and weight loss. That is a big thing to go through and a tough choice to make. It certainly is not an easy fix and no explanations are necessary. Best of luck with your continuing journey and I hope to talk with you again!
  • lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    I think it's great that you took the initiative to start your journey and weight lose before your surgery. My hat goes off to you because from what I've heard you have to do twice as much work as I do with watching what you eat and how much you eat. I wish you much success on your journey. Friend me if you'd like.