Xbox Fitness

Options
I'm new to working out, only been consistently going for a month now, but I've been using the Xbox Fitness game for some of my workouts. I love gaming, so putting that aspect into it makes exercising more enjoyable to me. Does anyone else use it, and if so, what are your thoughts?

Replies

• auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I got to use it twice before the kinect sensor decided it wanted to die lol... I really liked the Mossa one. Kinda cool how it tracks you and tells you to work harder when you start getting lazy lol
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    I've only used it once; I did the Jillian Michaels Kick Boxing. I plan on using it more.

I liked it, but I need to look at everything they have available. Which workouts have you done?

Also, I'm a big-time gamer as well, and I work for Ubisoft. It's pretty awesome!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I've only used it once; I did the Jillian Michaels Kick Boxing. I plan on using it more.

I liked it, but I need to look at everything they have available. Which workouts have you done?

Also, I'm a big-time gamer as well, and I work for Ubisoft. It's pretty awesome!

You work for Ubisoft? I am immensely jealous!

I've done all of the ten minute workouts and several others. The P90X arm and shoulder workout (an hour long) is really amazing, and all of the Jillian Michaels workouts are fun for me too!
  • jamieleeme1
    jamieleeme1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I really love Just Dance - I have the first four games, and tonight I'm trying an Xbox Zumba game that I just bought. I also have Michael Jackson, The Black Eyed Peas, Dance Central, and Country Line Dancing. I looove the Black Eyed Peas game, too. Just Dance 2-4 and the Black Eyed Peas games are my absolute favorite. Michael Jackson is pretty good, but a little hard to get a workout with since you can't set it to automatic shuffle that I've found - that goes for the Dance Central that I have, also. I'm not sure if you can set the newer ones to shuffle or not, though. My Country Line Dancing is okay, but I would definitely try one of the others first. You should check one of them out if you like to dance! Let me know if you want to know about the Zumba game.
    I'm with ya, sister! We gotta make this fun!! :happy:
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    Yeah, I do. My current profile pic is of me at PAX last year when I demo'd our upcoming game "The Crew."

I've been thinking about doing the P90X as well, but Jillian kicks my butt already. I'm thinking P90X will put me in ground. lol! ;)

I also really love Just Dance like Jamieleeme1, and not because it's a Ubisoft game. it's a lot of fun and I can burn a pretty good amount of calories.
  • eryquem
    eryquem Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey, do you have any inside thoughts on the fighter within? I was really interested, but the reviews have not been good. But the same was true for the fight: lights out, and that game has been one of my primary workouts for quite a while. I'm wondering if the bad reviews for fighter within was just another case of the general public not wanting a fighting game where you actually have to get up and move.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Is there a "master list" of all the fitness workouts you can purchase? Are there any downloadable ones? I have only the Zumba Kinect and I can't seem to figure out how to track anything on it yet. I'm a re-born gamer (lol, I'm talking I'm old school Nintendo 64 gamer who just got back into gaming the last few years thanks to my son) so the only experience with the kinect I have is the Zumba and the game that came with it, otherwise I use the xbox for my first person shooter games lol.

Bumping for future reference, as well! does anyone have actual success with them?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Is there a "master list" of all the fitness workouts you can purchase? Are there any downloadable ones? I have only the Zumba Kinect and I can't seem to figure out how to track anything on it yet. I'm a re-born gamer (lol, I'm talking I'm old school Nintendo 64 gamer who just got back into gaming the last few years thanks to my son) so the only experience with the kinect I have is the Zumba and the game that came with it, otherwise I use the xbox for my first person shooter games lol.

Bumping for future reference, as well! does anyone have actual success with them?

As far as Xbox Fitness (I'm not talking about all Xbox workout games! "Xbox Fitness" is a game specific to the xbox one, which is what I am speaking about!) goes, I've lost 12 pounds this month. It might just be my healthier eating, but a good chunk of my workout comes from the game.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good work. I work my fingers with COD Ghosts from time to time.
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    sorry accidental multiple posts
  • mimiteh35
    Options

As far as Xbox Fitness (I'm not talking about all Xbox workout games! "Xbox Fitness" is a game specific to the xbox one, which is what I am speaking about!) goes, I've lost 12 pounds this month. It might just be my healthier eating, but a good chunk of my workout comes from the game.

Ohhh, ok, thanks. :) lol
  • Marissaltr
    Options
    I just discovered Xbox fitness and I love it! I've only done the 10 minute work outs and maybe beachbody once. I really like that you get points and rewards. I'm such a nerd lol
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    Hey, do you have any inside thoughts on the fighter within? I was really interested, but the reviews have not been good. But the same was true for the fight: lights out, and that game has been one of my primary workouts for quite a while. I'm wondering if the bad reviews for fighter within was just another case of the general public not wanting a fighting game where you actually have to get up and move.

I haven't played it, so I can't say either way and I don't work on that game so I have no inside thoughts/info on it. Sorry!

I'd probably just listen to the reviews. :)