Muscle mass scales

Options
2»

Replies

• tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking BF% for a long time by various methods. I have no idea which one is accurate as the only truth data is an autopsy and I am not prepared to go to that length to know my LBM. But I have enough data to determine trends, and that's what is really important for me. I want to know if I am losing or gaining LBM not necessarily the absolute amount I have. The latter is more of a vanity number where the former is a tool I can use to adjust my diet and workout.

BF20130927.png
  • Making_changes7
    Making_changes7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses! Right now I am doing a bulk so I guess all I really want to know is the trend of what's happening in my body. Even if the actual numbers aren't right, it would at least be nice to see them go up or down.

Maybe one day I will try calipers but as many of you said, it takes time and you have to be fairly consistent with your measurements. I feel like my own results would be less consistent than a decent scale :P

Tom- I love how you tracked your BF%! I already have an excel file ready because that is my plan.

Thanks for all the information!