Ladies Only-Swim Suits!

Options
Adomke89
Adomke89 Posts: 35 Member
Hi ladies!

I'm looking for a summer swim suit, particularly a one-piece, and was wondering...

Where has everyone gotten their swimsuit from? Did you order online or go in store?

FYI I have a very large bust (34DDD) and size 6 waist. All measurements always say I wear at least a size 14 up top.

Any other large-chested women out there with a similar dilemma? What do you do for a suit? I'm sick of spilling out!!

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Unsure if srs or fish.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Hi mister_universe!

FYI I have a very large bust (34DDD) and size 6 waist.

How YOU doin? :bigsmile:
  • mister_universe
    Options
    Unsure if srs or fish.

No care. Boobs.:love:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Unsure if srs or fish.

Ah, good reason to never post mine, then.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh boy
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Unsure if srs or fish.

:explode: :mad: :angry:
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I am 38 DDD/E. You must order online. You'll never find anything good in stores.

Try biggerbras.com

They have some really cute ones. Different patterns, colors, etc. A lot of support but you pay more for the quality.
  • mister_universe
    Options
    Unsure if srs or fish.

Grouchy pants. :grumble:
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I have a large chest as well and I love Lands End bathing suits. You can order online but return to Sears if they don't fit.
  • mister_universe
    Options
    I have a large chest as well and I love Lands End bathing suits. You can order online but return to Sears if they don't fit.

You had me at large chest. :love: :love:
  • Adomke89
    Options
    Thats great you can return in store! I'll have to try lands end. I'm still not sure they'll have enough support though...
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    LANDS END! We have a boat and I am in a suit quite a bit during the summer months. I have ordered from Lands End for years and you can't beat the fit or the quality. Order by bra size....wonderful with underwire too!
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Nordstrom online is pretty good. Plus free shipping and return shipping. I've also found my favorite bra company makes swimsuits so I know what size I am and know they are supportive enough.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Good to know!!! Thank you.

When I was a size 22 I ALWAYS ordered Land's End long torso suits in a size 18. They were perfect. Covered the girls. Did not ride up on my thighs. Everything.

Now I am a size 14-16 I am SO clueless on what to order :-( I'm afraid of getting a 12 or 14 and having it be too small but I looked at some 14 & 16 Speedo plus size on clearance and could already tell they were way, way too big. I do not look forward to swimsuit shopping.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida so maybe it is more common here but we have stores just for bathing suits. I've bought my tops from a mom and pop shop called Bikini Co. for the last several years. They have great support, fit perfect, and last a long time. They are pretty expensive so I try to find cheap bottoms somewhere else.
    They have one pieces but I'm not sure they have a large selection. Swimwear is definitely something I have to try on.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I totally have this problem.

www.barenecessities.com

It has US and European sizes. I get mine from there.:smile:
  • Adomke89
    Options
    @greeneyes

Which company is that?
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    @greeneyes

Which company is that?

Freya and I absolutely love it! It's pretty much all I buy now. They have a website where you can look at their current lines, but you can't actually buy it directly from them. They give you some link in sites that sell them, Nordstrom is one. I think I actually got my current one from amazon.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    @greeneyes

Which company is that?

Freya and I absolutely love it! It's pretty much all I buy now. They have a website where you can look at their current lines, but you can't actually buy it directly from them. They give you some link in sites that sell them, Nordstrom is one. I think I actually got my current one from amazon.
    Yup, the have Freya on the website I gave. They are awesome!

www.barenecessities.com
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Unsure if srs or fish.

my exact thoughts