Female beginner weight training?

Options
I'm 18 female 5'1 currently at 103 lbs.

I used to be bulimic and well I am basically skinny fat, flabby, loose skinned around my tummy, thighs, butt, and somewhat arms.

I am ok to exercise, taking vitamins, I am beginning to eat normal and get enough fiber and water.

I am sorta weak right now but I need a strength training program to tighten up and build muscle? Please help if you can with suggestions, I don't want to start too extensively and I am very limited budget. My brother has a bench and some 10 lb, maybe 10 lbs dumbells I believe. I also have arm and leg weights, but that's about it.

So can I have some exercise and diet suggestions? I don't want to lose weight, just get toned. And I really need guidance please?

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Since you're limited to that equipment, im also goingbto assume you dont have access to gym?

For at home workouts, there's tue Nerdfitness beginners bodyweoght circuit. There's also 'You are your own gym' - I believe there's a cellphone app for it. And 'Convict Conditioning'.
    They all use little to no equipment.

However, if you can access a gym, read the book "New Rules of lifting for Women" cover to cover twice. Then look at the program "Stronglifts 5x5" and follow that. Its simpler than New Rules but the info in New Rules is a little easier to follow in places.
    Stronglifts.com

Congrats on your recovery from your eating disorder. That is wonderful newd to hear.

And don't worry about getting "bulky" lifting heavy weights. We dont have the testosterone to do that