skinny fiber?

Options
Im thinking.about ordering skinny fiber and wondered who all has tried.it? How have you liked ot? Hoe has it helped you and what are your results?

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Another MLM that does nothing.
  • cindysess
    cindysess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I been thinking of trying it too. All the pictures, I've seen of the ppl. taking it, they look great.
  • Wetcoaster
    Options
    I been thinking of trying it too. All the pictures, I've seen of the ppl. taking it, they look great.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Is it a full moon?
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Obviously you havent done your research.

Bugs me whe people THINK they know what they are talking about.
  • rubydrm
    rubydrm Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it since December and while my actual weight hasn't gone down (confused) I have lost a few inches (yay!). I changed my eating habits when I started taking it and I work out 5 to 6 times week. I just started a C25K program and Barre classes, and I take a weights class at the Y twice a week. Not sure why I haven't lost any actual weight, but I'm going to keep taking until it's gone. Maybe I just have to be better about my diet.

Good luck with it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of it so I googled it. There were many sites touting its wonders and just as many warning of dangers. I looked it up on Amazon and the reviews on there were less than glowing.

Fiber can help with weight loss by making you feel full longer, but it's easy enough to get plenty of fiber from food. And fiber of any sort does not magically make you lose weight. You'll still have to create a calorie deficit.
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. I too was a sucker for all the awesome testimonials. However I along with a few other people who never knew each other before we sought help/advice/information from our "wonderful" distributor felt bloated and sluggish and even gained weight. Every time you seek help from the person who sold you it they make you feel dumb and say you must be really unhealthy and you are in detox so just keep taking it and it will eventually kick in.
    After seeking information and never getting answers we realized that it wasn't worth it and the testimonials are either not real or just fabricated.

Long story short. Measure of money.

ETA. I've lost more weight and inches by eating healthy and working out in the past month than I did in three months of taking that crap. I was even eating healthy and working out then too. It just made me blow up like a balloon.
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Bugs me whe people THINK they know what they are talking about.

Sounds like you've already got your mind made up.
    Bugs me when people trying to sell something post a thread soliciting "reviews" to try to generate buzz!

Normal people: stay away from MLMs - they are a waste of money.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This sounds super shady. I looked up their site to see how it's supposed to work. This is what's on the "How does it work" page.

"How many times have you tried a diet or weight loss program, followed all the directions, and didn’t get results? It’s not your fault!

"One of the most important factors when it comes to weight management is that your body needs to be healthy enough to not need that extra fat to protect it!

"Sounds crazy, but the fat in your body is there for a reason. It protects our organs, regulates our hormones, and so much more.

"So if you have any health challenges, there is often extra fat on your body to protect it from those challenges causing more serious problems. That means, until your body is confident enough that it is going to survive without that extra fat, losing weight is almost impossible!

"That’s what sets Skinny Fiber apart from any other product on the market!

"Not only is Skinny Fiber scientifically formulated with some of the world’s most powerful weight management ingredients, it is also packed with powerful enzymes to get your body ready to finally lose that extra fat once and for all!"

Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't say anything about "How it works". It's almost all about how other things don't work. As a guy who writes a fair bit of advertising copy, it's also a whole lot of "what you want to hear". What the heck is in it? I can't tell anything from that. I'd guess it's a fiber supplement and maybe a pro-biotic? But who knows. I take both. I don't order them from a web site that's clearly set up to generate more buzz than results.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it since December and while my actual weight hasn't gone down (confused) I have lost a few inches (yay!). I changed my eating habits when I started taking it and I work out 5 to 6 times week. I just started a C25K program and Barre classes, and I take a weights class at the Y twice a week. Not sure why I haven't lost any actual weight, but I'm going to keep taking until it's gone. Maybe I just have to be better about my diet.

Good luck with it!

From this post, it sounds like you should be losing weight. Maybe the Skinny Fiber is what's preventing you from losing it. I'm kidding, but of course you're getting smaller if you changed eating habits for the better and started working out. Track your calories and exercise, create a deficit and I bet you'll see the scale move too - with or without Skinny Fiber.
  • Wetcoaster
    Options

Bugs me when people THINK they know what they are talking about.

Wonder why you made the post? You wanted opinions.

Actually I HAVE done research on it.

Or maybe not since there is none.

I cant find scientific evidence it does anything. If you have some peer reviewed studies please show me.

Here is an interesting review on it......

http://supplement-geek.com/skinny-fiber-weight-loss-review/

And another.....

http://definefit.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/review-skinny-fiber/

You're welcome.
  • Wetcoaster
    Options
    Please come back OP and answer.......seems you didn't know anything about it which is why you made the post.

I gave an opinion and you said I did not do my research.

Bet you don't sell it.
  • tanyablock1
    Options
    I started taking Skinny Fiber Oct 24/14, I really have not changed my eating (as I ate pretty healthy before) and I have lost 46 inches and 30lbs. It has been my miracle pill. I have struggled with my weight for a very long long time and tried diet and exercise alone and nothing. After having my son (which I gained 65lbs ) I was at my highest weight and I was depressed. Got a gym membership saw a personal trainer and in a year lost 10 lbs.....that's it. Started Skinny Fiber and by December so many people started asking me what I've been doing that it prompted me to become a distributor.....I mean if I feel this good taking these 2 capsules twice a day, why shouldn't I help others. It has been a journey that I am so glad I took. I love helping other people feel good about themselves again. Happy Tuesday :)