Sour Cream Anyone?

Options
darkrose20
darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
So I asked my friend to bring over some sour cream, since I was out and the sauce for the shrimp tacos called for it. She brought the industrial sized one they sell at Sam's Club. I don't want it to go to waste, but there's only one of me. SOOOOOOOOOO...

You guys have any good recipes featuring sour cream?

Thaks in advance!
d.

Replies

• TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Well if calories aren't a concern my family is a big fan of sour cream chocolate pound cake and scones made with sour cream

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/chocolate-sour-cream-pound-cake-recipe.html

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-scones/

(not the recipes we use but examples since I can't exactly call up people at midnight for recipes...)

Also I'm one of those people who tends to run on the super deficit side of eating my daily calories when "eating well" so if I had some sour cream lying around I'd use it as an excuse to make chili and burritos (both regular and breakfast!)
  • darkrose20
    Options
    all sound wonderful. thanks!
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love sour cream with fajitas or quesadillas, or mixed with a bit of vanilla extract + some berries and then used for filling crepes. You could also mix it with onion soup mix and make a good onion dip!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Borsht!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If you have eggs for breakfast, mix two tablespoons with the eggs! I do that every morning. SOOOOO GOOOD!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    One of my fav things to make on weekend mornings..Sour Cream pancakes!

Ingredients needed:

1 cup of sour cream, 7 tbsp of all purpose flour, 2 tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 whole large eggs, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.

In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla. Set aside.

In a separate small bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.

In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream with the dry ingredients until just barely combined (don't overmix..it's ok if it's a little lumpy it's supposed to look like that) Whisk in the egg mixture until just combined.

Pour by 1/4 cup servings onto a heated and buttered(or cooking spray coated if you must) griddle or pan and cook till bubbles form on the surface and then flip and cook for another minute or two. Pancakes will be a little soft inside but super fluffly and delicious.

Serve with a side of bacon/sausage and warm maple syrup..omnomnomnom. :wink:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    in a beef stroganoff

can bake with it in cakes

good on tacos, enchiladas, nachos

mix ranch seasoning for a veggie dip or onion mix for a dip

go on yummly.com as well, you can search for recipes by ingredients. put in sour cream and see what different stuff comes up :]
  • darkrose20
    Options
    :-D
  • darkrose20
    Options
    Thanks. all sound wonderful!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Slice some cucumbers on a mandolin(add a little grated onion too). Soak in vinegar water mix for 30 minutes, and then squeeze excess water out. Add liberal amounts of sour cream to cucumbers and stir. Let sit at least a few hours in the the fridge and eat.
  • mufamuscles
    Options
    Stroganoff! Beef stroganoff is great, but I usually do mushroom to keep the calories down, and it's just as delicious...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/mushroom-stroganoff-with-goat-cheese-recipe.html

(You can leave out the goat cheese if you don't like it. I personally substitute feta, and it's great!)