Calorie Question

lilRicki
lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a question...I usually input all the food I've eaten in the day, and then I put in my excersize. Because I burned 500 calories at the gym, does that mean I have to eat an extra 500 Calories? That's a lot of food, but lately I have been "in the green" by a couple hundred calories. Is that safe and healthy?

Replies

• Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    I eat almost all my exercise calories. Some say half and some say none.

If you are eating 1200 calories and then burning 500 extra you are asking your body to fuel the whole rest of your day on about 700 calories, that's not a lot. You go from the deficit MFP set for you of 500-1000 calories to a self made deficit of 1000-1500 calories, that's also a lot for your body to deal with.

For me I've noticed, the more I trust the math and try not to assume I know more than MFP, the more weight I loss. When I ate less I stopped losing. I'm not saying any of this will be true for you. But this has been my experience.

Good luck on your journey.
  • Mine turns out the same way and I'm never hungry.
    I say if you are hungry. EAT. If not-it's ok. Cavemen went through times where they didn't ingest 1200 cals a day, and they were fine healthy specimens!!!
  • BTW I am doing the Primal Blueprint. So that's why I referenced Cavemen. lol
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    You don't have to eat all of them, but make sure you eat enough of them to make your net calories 1200 for the day (so if you ate 1200, and burned 500 at the gym, you'd be at 700 cals for the day, so you should eat them back at that point)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    hahaha ok...I'm only a couple hundred calories off, and I'm not hungry, so I'm not thinking it's a big deal. My max calorie intake is 1620, and i'm sitting at 1400 so i'm not starving myself. The only thing I've really noticed is my protein intake is -23 but I'll work on that with more turkey and eggs. Thanx guys!
This discussion has been closed.