I heard the voice!

Options
Running late this morning and stopped at local gas station quickmart for a diet soda and hoping to scavenge some breakfast. Got the banana first, and that's where the good news ENDS. I looked at the string cheese and the baked chips. Hmmm, no. What to choose, what to choose?
The Hotzi breakfast sandwiches were between me and the checkout. Seriously, and I am NOT kidding, I heard a voice inside my head say 'Go ahead, you did over 5 miles last night, YOU DESERVE IT. '
So I did.

And I got to the parking lot and I stood at the car and my mouth dropped open. Did that just happen? I did! I listened to the manipulative voice! My eyes got pretty wide and I'm sure I had a puzzled look on my face all the way to work.
I did eat that sandwich at work and I ATE IT REAL SLOW. By gosh, if I'm going to write it down I'm going to enjoy it.

But it's the first time I HEARD the voice. After over 4 weeks and no cheating, I HEARD it.
And I know where you live, buddy! You ain't gettin' to me again!

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    Massive hugs.

Kudos though for recognising the voice and taking responsibility - and outing yourself too! xxx
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The voice is a LIE! I hate him! He comes to you when your at your weakest and convinces you that you need and deserve whatever tantalizing treat he happens to peddling.
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That voice that sounds so sweet and innocent.That voice that sounds like an angelic child.Lol we all hear it and fall for it from time to time. You are doing a great job! We do deserve a cheat once in awhile and you have the right attitude to get back on the wagon as they say! Thanks for the post :happy:
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I hate that voice! I can hear it in the kitchen telling me that the chocolate in the fridge is feeling neglected and that the biscuits in the jar are crying coz I don't love them anymore........

I HATE that voice! So I am going to go upstairs, strip the beds and turn the music up real loud to drown it out lol

At least now you know how to recognise the voice and make it shut up!

Keep going hun! You can do it!
  • LLP1225
    Options
    I hear that voice far too often! It is good that you recognized that the choice you made was due to the voice. It is so hard to resist. I think if we did not listen to it ocassionally though that we would go insane and give up on the whole diet and exercise thing. I bet it was delicious and you will make up for it with all of the exercise and eating healthy for the rest of the day. Keep up the good work you are doing great!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You gotta let that voice out once in a while. Otherwise the little demon gets LOUDER! Ear plugs don't help...been there. You have got to learn the fine art of negotiation. "Ok, I hear ya, you want the double cheese burger and fries. You ain't gonna get it ... would you be willing to settle for the $1 single cheese burger and a side salad?"
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Do we bargain with diet terrorists?
    If we eat the cheeseburger and the side salad, do the terrorists win?

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and input!
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    I hear that little voice everyday right after lunch. That little SOB usually talks me into having some chocolate or other candy that I really don't need. I rationalize it just like you in saying I deserve it for working out hard last night or eating better, etc...
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way... better to have a little in a controlled manner than to keep denying and go off the deep end and scarf everything in sight.

Better the single cheeseburger and side salad today rather than the double cheeseburger, large fries, fried apple pie and chocolate shake next week.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! That voice is such a jerk! At least you recognized what happened and ate it really slowly. Sometimes we are going to eat things that are not so good for us, and in moderation they will not do too much harm. Keep fighting the good fight!