I don't eat ANYTHING that's got chemicals in

Options
it, or that has been through a chemical process.

46351102.jpg

P.S. I clearly have no idea about the most basic of chemistry or it's application

Replies

• amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Oh, I was just about to!!

JrVQaSF.jpg

we-love-chemicals-620-450x636.jpg
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Cool.

98% chance will steal.
  • amblight
    Options
    Cool.

98% chance will steal.

Please do! I know there are several of them, but I can never seem to find them again when I've stumbled on them :b

I'm a chemist and food scientist, big fan of food and chemicals <3
  • michael300891
    Options
    In fairness to these listed chemicals on the banana and apple, there almost entirely 'natural' products in the fruit?

The list of valine alanine, leucine etc - these are just proteins (amino acids).

Equally, the list of acids (palmitic acid, salicyclic acid, linoleic acid) - these are just fats.

Purines are a component of DNA

Ascorbic acid is vitamin C

Folic acid is 'Iron'

These two pictures just show a list of biochemical terms for what most people call fats proteins carbohydrates vitamins and minerals. - There are a handful added to the banana but nothing of actual interest.

Doctoral Researcher in Exercise Adaptation and Metabolism:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    In fairness to these listed chemicals on the banana and apple, there almost entirely 'natural' products in the fruit?

The list of valine alanine, leucine etc - these are just proteins (amino acids).

Equally, the list of acids (palmitic acid, salicyclic acid, linoleic acid) - these are just fats.

Folic acid is 'Iron'

These two pictures just show a list of biochemical terms for what most people call fats proteins carbohydrates vitamins and minerals. - There are a handful added to the banana but nothing of actual interest.

over-your-head-o.gif
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I really should put aside some time to get a PhD
  • amblight
    Options

Folic acid is 'Iron'

They are all things that occurs in natural fruits. That's the point.

Folic acid is vitamin B9.

The point of the pictures isn't to show that "omg, apples have bad chemicals", the point is to show that just because something has "an ingredient list I can't pronounce" or E-numbers, doesn't mean anything at all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options

Folic acid is 'Iron'

Folic acid is vitamin B9.

The point of the pictures isn't to show that "omg, apples have bad chemicals", the point is to show that just because something has "and ingredient list I can't pronounce" or E-numbers, doesn't mean anything at all.
    Yep, he missed the point. Now all we have to do is wait for the debate of "natural chemicals" and "man made" ones not equating and having different effects on the body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Annoyed by the typo on the apple one.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    In.... Because I am working today and bored.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I would like to stay away from petroleum based chemicals though.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    in for not wearing respirators when administering man made pesticides. :bigsmile: