Dehydration Is Deadly to Weighloss

Options
Oops. I mean Weightloss

I found this information on the internet and thought it was good to know..........again. We have to keep putting the right thoughts/information into our minds so it sticks and becomes a habit......so much a habit that we do it without thinking about it and then begin to crave it if we don't do it. Hope this helps someone else too.

Why Drinking Water Is Important for Weight Loss
Diet and Weight Loss Tutorial
There are many reasons why it is important to drink water, especially if you are dieting:

Initial weight loss is largely due to loss of water, and you need to drink an adequate amount of water in order to avoid dehydration.

The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water in order to function efficiently; dehydration slows down the fat-burning process.

Burning calories creates toxins (think of the exhaust coming out of your car), and water plays a vital role in flushing them out of your body.

Dehydration causes a reduction in blood volume; a reduction in blood volume causes a reduction in the supply of oxygen to your muscles; and a reduction in the supply of oxygen to your muscles can make you feel tired.

Water helps maintain muscle tone by assisting muscles in their ability to contract, and it lubricates your joints. Proper hydration can help reduce muscle and joint soreness when exercising.

A healthy (weight loss) diet includes a good amount of fiber. But while fiber is normally helpful to your digestive system, without adequate fluids it can cause constipation instead of helping to eliminate it.

Drinking water with a meal may make you feel full sooner and therefore satisfied eating less. Note, however, that drinking water alone may not have this effect. In order to feel satiated (not hungry), our bodies need bulk, calories and nutrients.

Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    lotta people dont realize as well, it can cause low blood pressure. For heavy people trying to lower their blood pressure, this can be scarry..........if you dont drink water, which is bad for you, then check your blood pressure, the readings are misleading

My Dr informed me of this practice, and I have followed his advice daily........Lloyd ,thanks for this though, its great
  • bellanean
    Options
    Not sure if I believe in this. Everyone is different and I barely drink water and have lost 62 pounds. I just dont like water. yuck!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Your kidneys and liver need water to function properly... Trust me, water is way better than kidney stones!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I use this site, its been a life saver, and was refered by 2 medical professionals......Could help some one if they were looking for some info

mayoclinic.com

Conditions that can cause low blood pressure
    Some medical conditions can cause low blood pressure. These include:

■Pregnancy. Because a woman's circulatory system expands rapidly during pregnancy, blood pressure is likely to drop. During the first 24 weeks of pregnancy, systolic pressure commonly drops by five to 10 points and diastolic pressure by as much as 10 to 15 points. This is normal, and blood pressure usually returns to your pre-pregnancy level after you've given birth.
    ■Heart problems. Some heart conditions that can lead to low blood pressure include extremely low heart rate (bradycardia), heart valve problems, heart attack and heart failure. These conditions may cause low blood pressure because they prevent your body from being able to circulate enough blood.
    ■Endocrine problems. An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) or overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can cause low blood pressure. In addition, other conditions, such as adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease), low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and, in some cases, diabetes, can trigger low blood pressure.
    ■Dehydration. When you become dehydrated, your body loses more water than it takes in. Even mild dehydration can cause weakness, dizziness and fatigue. Fever, vomiting, severe diarrhea, overuse of diuretics and strenuous exercise can all lead to dehydration.

Far more serious is hypovolemic shock, a life-threatening complication of dehydration. It occurs when low blood volume causes a sudden drop in blood pressure and a reduction in the amount of oxygen reaching your tissues. If untreated, severe hypovolemic shock can cause death within a few minutes or hours.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    interesting. i have a love hate relationship with water, but i do try to drink 8 cups a day. some times i make it , some times not. i do drink at least 5 cups of green tea M - F while at work. no wonder i don't want any water.