10-15lbs for Wedding & Health

Options
I'm back! I'm getting married August 31st and then spending 10 glorious days in Hawaii... I'm looking to loose a little weight and tone up for my wedding dress and then that bikini.. I've already lost 10lbs since January 1st and quit smoking cigarettes! I'm so mad at myself I was in the best shape of my life about a year and a half ago! Eating strict paleo and crossfitting! Then I met my fiancé and we ate and drank beer instead lol... I put on some weight and I don't want it to be like that... I need to be more sensible about my choices from here on out!

Is there anyone else trying to get in better shape for weddings? Babies etc?

Replies

• anie8989
    anie8989 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amanda,

Congrats on your wedding! My wedding is this year too, I will be getting married in October though. I am planning to losing weight to fit better in my dress. I already got it, and I ordered a size down to make myself try harder.

I'd love to keep up with everything and make this commitment with you!
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!.. My dress fit like a dream when i got it back in May! it was a little snug the last time i tried on the sample... in october... lol.. So im almost back to the weight i was when i bought it ... and i actually wanted to be thinner! Good luck on your journey.!

that is so brave that you ordered a size down... they can take up to 2 dress sizes in and i didn't want to stress myself out!... i gain weight in the summer unlike people who lose lol.. too many bbqs, beers, picnics etc... and i love all of the above! I have to be wedding weight by July and then hold til the wedding because of my fittings!
  • mookdog94
    mookdog94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the ten pounds and future wedding/trip to Hawaii! I sympathize- I'm hoping to study abroad in Europe next year I do not want to be traveling around in my current body! Sending a friend request! :)
  • sarahmorgan050
    sarahmorgan050 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for my wedding among other things. Although my wedding isn't until 2015. I want to lose another 10-15 lbs before I even try on dresses so I'm not messing around. :)
  • clarebear230786
    clarebear230786 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I get married on 2nd May, only 9 weeks to go! I've lost 7lbs so like you I'm back to where I was when I first put my deposit down on the dress and now I'd like to lose another 7lbs by the 29th March (final fitting) then hold that weight until the day :)
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Good luck everyone you can do it! Future brides are you stressed about the big day! I'm constatly like what am i missing!?
  • 2011Bluez
    Options
    I wish you, Amanda & everyone else good luck! I was asked a couple weeks ago to be a bridesmaid July 12, 2014. So, I got fitted last weekend for my dress & it was a size 12. I was horrified. I use to be an 8 and now a 12. Smh...I have got to do something about this winter insulation I have packed on. Lets encourage one another!!!
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you on getting married! I'm not...yet anyway (lol!). Although my best friend is getting married May 19 and this will be the first time that I'm a bridesmaid! I'm also the only one of out of the group who definitely is a little on the chubbier side! It's crazy, because I used to be tiny! I definitely know a lot of it has to do with meeting my current boyfriend a year ago and both of our loves for craft beer and enjoying Chicago eats!

I'd love to take off weight for the wedding! and eventually lose enough fat/weight for summer to be in a bikini again! I live sooo close to the beach to not take advantage!

One plus, is that my boyfriend is being super supportive! However, our weekends still make it sooo hard.
  • blb85
    Options
    I wish you, Amanda & everyone else good luck! I was asked a couple weeks ago to be a bridesmaid July 12, 2014. So, I got fitted last weekend for my dress & it was a size 12. I was horrified. I use to be an 8 and now a 12. Smh...I have got to do something about this winter insulation I have packed on. Lets encourage one another!!!

I'm right there with you!!! I have a size 12 dress.... I'm sooooo disgusted with myself!!! I used to be a size 4!!! I could have even handled a size 8 at least! I never knew I was as big as I was until this last month... It all became very real... And the reality was an ugly one!
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    we also love craft beer and are foodies lol.. he is going to chicago in May and i told him he has to bring me back Pizza for my cheat day lol
  • blb85
    Options
    we also love craft beer and are foodies lol.. he is going to chicago in May and i told him he has to bring me back Pizza for my cheat day lol

Chicago is the absolute worst when it comes to trying to watch what you eat! We have the best food ever and so many craft breweries!!! It's funny you mention the pizza! We actually were talking about how we can only eat the "stuffed pizza" that everyone knows Chicago for like once a year at most. But Lou Malnati's does have THE BEST thin crust! It's honestly to die for! The things that kill us are also the late night tacos and we love our bbq!
  • clarebear230786
    clarebear230786 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm not stressed at all, everyone keeps asking me oooh I bet you're stressed out and how much have you got left to sort and am I nervous, I'm so chilled out about it all, just so excited!!
  • saddie32
    Options
    I feel ya I'm getting married in July of this year eek! 5 months from today, I'm also trying to lose 15lbs maybe alittle more. My dress won't be in until April and it was a little snug when I ordered it. You can do it.. Congrats on wedding
  • MrsTaraDStringer
    MrsTaraDStringer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are you getting married 26th July!? So am I! At 1pm! And the least I want to loose is 12 lbs but really I want to loose 3lbs!
  • maseface1
    maseface1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on the 16th June this year and I'm so excited but I'd like to lose another stone (14lb) before then. Really it needs to be by the end of April or my dress maker will kill me! I'm doing insanity and fingers crossed the inches are going even if the scales aren't budging. Hope your all enjoying the planning!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Amanda, I am going to send you a private message! :smile:

I hope that private message wasn't trying to sell her anything.

(If it was, OP, please do all of MFP a favor and report it. Shysters and hucksters are encouraged to peddle their wares elsewhere.)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

If you are trying to sell her Shakeology please stop. That is not allowed on this site.

Amanda, if she does try to sell you shakeology please report it. You don't need it to lose weight, it's a waste of money.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

heads up OP....junk shots incoming!
    If you are trying to sell her Shakeology please stop. That is not allowed on this site.

"coachcathy" try to peddle crap online?! nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm starting an all women's boot amp 3 nights a week for an hour tonight! Stoked! Setting a pretty high goal of 3lbs for next Friday! Let's do this!
  • 24Keffy
    24Keffy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on August 3rd of this year... and ordered my dress a size smaller! Ahh! I know I can do it though. I luckily lose weight from my torso first and it's a princess dress.
    I go for my alterations on July 1st so I definitely have some hard work ahead.