Women with wide hips... Where do you buy jeans?

Options
hesn92
hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
I have a hard time finding pants that fit right. They always dig into my hips because the button is right in my hip area.. So I either have to get jeans that are too big on my legs or get jeans that fit my legs but are too tight in the hip area... I always unbutton my pants when I can get away with it.

Replies

• ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    American Eagle is the only place I can find jeans that fit all the way through my hips and thighs. Added bonus is they've got long sizes available. Try that perhaps :flowerforyou:
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You might look into a higher rise jean. Sounds like you're getting low-rise, which isn't good for us hippy girls. Old Navy actually has some good options with their Sweetheart cut. They have a few different rises and cuts, so you might try there! There's also the new Levi's Curve ID if you can find them. You can go to their site and do a little quiz that will tell you which curve to get. I haven't been able to try those, though, because they're not sold anywhere near me.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I prefer to think of it as a narrow waist, compared to my hips ;)

But I really like the ReRock jeans from Express.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I prefer to think of it as a narrow waist, compared to my hips ;)

^^^^This!!

I'm a big fan of Express & American Eagle!
  • akomantoso
    Options
    Levi's Curve ID are great I have also had some decent luck with Rock & Republic jeans (sold at Kohls) and with Lucky Brand jeans (they have them at my costco from time to time) I used to love American Eagle Jeans but I don't feel like they hold up as well as they did a 5 or 6 years ago, the quality seems to have gone down a ton.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have a petite waist and wide hips and my absolute favourite make of jeans is J Brand. They're very pricey, but will last you for years and years (mine have). They're quite easy to find gently used on eBay and sometimes Kijiji as well for a fraction of the price as well. Most of their jeans have a slightly higher rise (still well below the belly button, so they're definitely not mom jeans) and they fit a lot more comfortably. You'll appreciate the higher rise if, like me, low rise jeans require you to pull up the back every time you sit down. They have all different fits from skinny to wide leg as well!