Diet Isolation- Help!

Options
So, I don't know if anyone else has this issue. I'm about a month and a half in and I've done well (down 15 lbs and a size) but I'm getting discouraged. It seems like even now this is taking so much of my time, especially from my family (more specifically my 1 year old). Between planning and packing meals and exersize, I feel like I'm on my own. Even the people I joined MFP with either dropped off or have alot going on. At nights, most of the time I fix myself something different from my husband and going out to eat is a trial, especially if I don't have time to work out that day. I know it's worth it and I have a long way to go, but I'm feeling a bit isolated and cut-off from everything.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    this is so inportant to you and your family.:angry: have you seen what fat dose to your internal organs.:sad: you can have what your husband has:noway: :huh: not as much of it .4 oz of meat the size of a kitchen sponge a 1/2 a cup of rice or potatoesor pasta otheri sides and a salad and another veg:love: i love it i get full with out going with out anything :bigsmile: it keeps my cal down low for dinner. your not alone you have alot of people here that are with you. if this is not working you are going to hafe to find something that dose for your own health good luck
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When my kids were small I used to use them as weights and combined exercise and playtime. I would lay the child down on the carpet and do pushups and when I was close to their face kiss them. I would do a thing we called airplane ----I would lie down, pull my knees to my tummy, the child would straddle the top of my feet, I would hold their hands and then lift them up and down with my legs, it was lots of fun. I saw one time that a woman even wrote a book about this, but I don't recall the name. When everyone needs so much of you, I know you almost feel guilty taking care of yourself, but in order for you to take care of others you need to take care of you first. My kids don't need me as much now, but now I am also taking care of my mother-in-law too and I have decided I HAVE to make myself important too. A big part of why I gained weight back is because of taking care of her and I have to be important too. It is lonely being home with a child, but things will change and enjoy your baby while it is young because that beautiful child will turn into an ugly teenager (I'm kidding, well sort of, lol).
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel...especially when you're the only one dieting and everyone else is off in their happy little world. I especially have a hard time when I feel guilty going to the gym every evening and leave my fiance to finish the evening abulations. He doesn't mind but it really does cut into family time. The family doesn't want to work out with you, and your child is to young to weight train so what do you do? I pack my son's DS and some healthy snacks and he sits at the table at the leisure center while I work out. He doesn't mind because he said one day he'll get to join me in the gym, but for now he just watches. Expect to feel isolated, especially during holidays, because everyone is use to pigging out, they'll torment you for skipping the flapper pie. But keep in mind what your goals are, and your motivation. Is it to keep everyone happy? Or is it to make you happy? Don't fix your husband something different! you don't run a resturant! fix what you normally would eat, and maybe he'll appreciate you trying to keep your WHOLE family happy...i mean if he's like my fiance and absolutely hates fish, then yeah substitute for another meat, but you shouldn't be cutting yourself off even from supper...you cook it, he can eat it...sorry, i've gone through what you're going through, that's why i'm yapping so much. as for going out for supper...save your calories during the day then...snack a little here and there and then blow them on supper...you don't eat out every night so what's the problem? go to the gym tomorrow...or walk in the beautiful sunshine with the kids...take them swimming! that's fun and inexpensive. but promise yourself you'll do something tomorrow if you're eating out tonight.