When do you use your body fat monitor?

Options
I bought an Omron body fat monitor. Reading the book, it says not to use it for a couple of hours after you eat, or after a work out, or after a shower.... um. I'm running out of day here.

The Omron book said first thing in the morning before you shower is a good time. But I've read elsewhere on the internet (so it must be true!) that you shouldn't do it first thing. Hum. It does seem to be consistent at that time, so if nothing else, it would give me a good relative measure.

Thoughts?

Replies

• loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Sound right.

The one at the gym your only allowed to drink water for 3 hours before you use it. hence probably why not to use it first thing as you'll be dehydrated. Your water content should be 50% I had my test after a nap and water was 47% and I was told that meant I was a wee bit dehydrated for the test.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap little one at vitamin world. I've done it at random times over 3 days and always get the exact same reading.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap little one at vitamin world. I've done it at random times over 3 days and always get the exact same reading.

Huh, that's interesting. Mine changes 2% at different times of day.