Your brush with fame?

Options

Replies

• EternalDecadence
    EternalDecadence Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Seen Chef Tyler Florence, sweaty, putting tons of random cookbooks in a cab outside his apartment in Little Italy. I was star struck as I am an avid home cook.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Diane Keaton came to my job last September and we all met her. Jeremy Irons (I only know him as the voice of Scar from The Lion King) also came to my job last year to film a tv show. I also lived in/still work in the same city as the morons from American Chopper/Orange County Choppers so I run into them occasionally (they also filmed part of the last episode of OCC at my job).

I once saw Ellen DeGeneres a few hundred feet away from me outside in NYC.

When I was 14, I saw all of the members of New Found Glory (my faaaavorite band at the time) at the Hard Rock Cafe in Montreal, I awkwardly asked our waitress if that was them, she walked over and asked them, they waved my family and I over to their table to sit and eat lunch with them. Soooo cool.

I also met German Chancellor Angela Merkel in 2008!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    For the Top Chef fans out there, I was eating at one of Tom Colicchio's restaurants, Craft, in NYC a few years ago and chef Fabio came in and was at the table next to us.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    This topic has just inspired me to go to Hollywood with a hairbrush.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I had a famous actor message me once but I can't say who he is, not that anybody would believe me anyway. :)
  • My cousin sings for Filter. I'm friends with a Cleveland newscaster.

Great band
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm on the inside cover of An Evening With The Allman Brothers, which was recorded at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston. I hung out with the band after the show, and a photo of me made it into the inside cover.

I also made a pizza for Mike Muir from Suicidal Tendencies when I worked in a pizza shop in high school.

Cool, I like the Allman Brothers. You were about 8 in that pic, I take it?

My "brush" with fame was that my dad's cousin was Dorothy Hart, who was a B-movie actress in the 40's and 50's or so ... Her most notable role was that of "Jane" in "Tarzan's Savage Fury" with Lex Barker as "Tarzan" ...

We spent a couple of weekends at her place in Asheville, and I played with her son Douglass, who was about my age... I was about 12 or so the last time I saw her.
  • FlyThisKite
    FlyThisKite Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I live near Los Angeles so this is the norm all the time. You run into someone who has been on TV or is famous at one point or another. You kind of desensitize because they are all around and if you fangirl or guy it creeps them the hell out lol.

I was a stand up comedian for a while so I got to meet a few extra for fun. Good times.

Although I did have my one weak moment, when I met Stan Lee. I mean he is like an idol and the coolest guy. Stood and talked with me and his security didn't tackle me or anything. They kind of hung back..like "we are here but we see you aren't having a fangirl meltdown..proceed." It was awesome sauce.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    We were once at a restaurant when the entire cast of Lost came in for dinner.

I've been in the elevator with Steven Seagal back when he was a star.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I met a and hung out with a whole bunch of famous DJ's when I was in the rave scene, but let's see...I met two of the Barenaked Ladies, John Salmons (NBA), Larry Christensen and Von Hayes (former Philadelphia Phillies players)...um...used to party with Brian Dawkins in college before he played for the Philadelphia Eagles. I think that's it

Edit, forgot I met Kathy Ireland, her daughter and my neice are friends!
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Met a bunch of Olympic equestrians back when I used to compete
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I met Ricky Nelson when I was 14ish.

My girlfriend and I were play "dial a number" and ended up backstage at Bachelors III in Ft Lauderdale where we lived. Ricky answered the phone and said if we knew who he was (thinking us punk kids would have NO idea!) that he would give us tickets to his show. Well Sonia and I were into the oldies but goodies and screamed GARDEN PARTY!!!!!!! TRAVELIN MAN!!!

He laughed and told us to tell them at the door he left us tickets. We showed up all dressed up and thinking we were all grown:blushing:

We were ushered to the front table, right in front of the band. He sang to us *swoon

THEN...........then he took the 4 of us girls back stage to meet the band and get photos and autographs :smokin:

It was such a wonderful and exciting night for us kids.
  • FlyThisKite
    FlyThisKite Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Met a bunch of Olympic equestrians back when I used to compete

That's awesome!!!
  • Reenimal
    Reenimal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Met lead singer from Paramore in the back of equipment truck on Landsdowne st in Boston few yrs ago.

Did meet & greet with Bill Clinton in New Hampshire a week before he left office. Pretty sure he looked down my shirt.

Kissed Joel McHale on the hand as he left the stage in Boston a few yrs ago. " like the prince he is" I tell ppl.

Rock on.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Tons of bands and DJ's. I went to a lot of concerts as a teenager.

Jerry Springer.

I also met Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, and Wee Man at bar Orlando right before the first *kitten* episode aired. I was standing in line waiting to get in the bathroom. Johnny decided to show me the road rash on backside.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Funny because I met at least two people mentioned previously. I saw Richard Simmons at the airport in Cleveland... had to have been twenty years ago or more. I once introduced Gregg Allman to the audience before a perforance.

I was in a bar with only 30-40 other people (private party) and the host had hired Martina McBride as entertainment.
  • Hockeydad54321
    Options
    I was in time magazine and on a tv talk show being interviewed
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Tons of bands and DJ's. I went to a lot of concerts as a teenager.

Jerry Springer.

I also met Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, and Wee Man at bar Orlando right before the first *kitten* episode aired. I was standing in line waiting to get in the bathroom. Johnny decided to show me the road rash on backside.

You just reminded me that I met Bam Margera.

Lol, just remembered another. I met Cuba Gooding Jr. And played pool with him in a bar.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    OH i have a kinda meet. i was part of a particular forum years ago when my 6 yr old was a baby, and one of the posters was a child actress. she has asked for privacy, so i wont say where it was or who, but she was very very cool.
  • TrevNiel22
    Options
    Mal Gibson and Goldie hawn, they both were at his sons hockey game in my home town.