Looking for friends to help me along my journey

Options
Hi there,

My name is Sarah-Jayne and i'm a science student with the open university doing natural science and then forensics. I'm overweight at the moment and i have been since i recovered from my eating disorder. Recovering made me put on all the weight i lost and more!!

I tried using here the first time and because i was alone through my journey (my partner can eat whatever he wants and he doesn't gain weight whereas if i even look at a cupcake i gain 2 pounds..) but i'd like that to change and have some people i can continue my journey with. I'd like to help motivate you as well as be inspired by you to continue losing the weight.

I have some severe anxiety disorders, and depression which really do not help me lose weight because going outside is horrible for me! So i do a lot of home exercise... i just want some people to talk with and have a mutual friendship. I also like this site because no one makes fun or bullies anyone else which i got A LOT through school...

Anyway sorry for the long post, feel free to add me to your friends and i hope that by the morning i have some friends requests! Anyone here can add me, and i'd really love to hear from you.

Goodnight all.

Replies

• losing270
    Options
    Hi there you are on my friends list and I will continue to chat back and forth with ya. I know you can do it. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep smiling!! :-)
  • SerasJVictoria
    Options
    Thank you hun!

You too! We will win this, be the turtle and not the hare :D
  • Goldensun2014
    Goldensun2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there I added you as well. I'm definitely here to chat and support :)
  • Rebekka_Williams
    Options
    My name is Rebekka. I have not always been in shape. After high school I gained weight. People say "freshman 10" more like "freshman 50" for me. It wasn't until January of 2012 that I decided I had to do something asap! I was going on a cruise in a couple of months, and did not want to feel ashamed, self conscious, or fat, like I did on the previous one we went on. I took matters into my own hands, and got down and dirty.

I started off just exercising myself for about 4 months! Then I decided to really dive in and commit. I started out at 197-200lbs. With a high high body fat % and bmi. I am now down to 140 with a lot lower bmi and body fat %. This truly has been a lifestyle change for me. I am a very clean eater, I workout religiously 6 times a week 2-3 hours a day.

I have since become a personal trainer and I am about to start schooling for kinesiology to soak up and learn all I can about a healthy life and body. I would love to help anyone whenever you need it :)
  • suzieturtle
    Options
    Hi Sarah-Jayne,

I have been there with the anxiety disorders, I understand the fear of going outside - and when you exercise there is something that makes you more vulnerable. I couldn't go outside for a very long time, but when I did, I could only go to a place that I could walk to - so I started hiking across fields when I hit a determined moment. Basically, what I am trying to say, is be proud of yourself for every achievement - exercise, going outside, just having a good day. Take it steady (although probably quicker than I am going!) and good luck with your goals!

Suzie xx

ps, I'd add you, but I genuinely have no idea how to - I may have joined a long time ago, but it has taken a lot for me to actually reply to anyone on here! I'll keep trying to work it out though!